Reducing FPS without impacting performance?

AG1212

Hi all, I've an VFC FNX 45 that's hooting a bit hot, even with a standard barrel. Is there a good way of reducing the FPS without severely impacting FPS consistency? I'd like to avoid drilling holes as much as possible. I know you get discs that restrict gasflow for GBBR nozzles, would those work?

Thanks.

Bit of a shameless plug here but I've got a VFC FNX sitting in my office, and I also make restrictor discs for that very purpose for the VFC MP7 and they do fit into the loading nozzle perfectly.

Obviously as I've only just tested the fit I don't know what kind of FPS reduction figures they'd give but it stands to reason they will reduce the fps without reducing recoil, I found consistancy was much the same as stock in the MP7 so I'd be suprised if the FNX is any different really.

Link to said restrictor discs,

https://www.leesprecision.com/gbb-internal-parts/cnc-machined-power-restrictor-discs-for-vfc-umarex-elite-force-mp7

• 3 weeks later...

Buy the floating valves that he makes. That's the easiest solution.

In general, if you're in a situation where you have to modify something, you want to modify the floating valve. What i've done sometimes is cut a groove in the wings on the floating valve, and then slip a tiny oring on it. This reduces the flow and you can adjust it by switching o-ring size.

Archived