Is there ANY shotshow news?

Lone_Bullet

The sad thing is that if you are not one of them the exhibitors would likely be less inclined to give you info/let you take photos and videos of the good stuff/let you mess around with said stuff.

I remember when I went years ago with my father and his friend who went as their respective police department representatives.  I remember certain booths not being kind to anyone taking photos with their phones unless you were scheduled or affiliated.  I still managed to get stuff up here long before any celebs could, and I had just my phone and my laptop that was stuck at the room till I got back each day.

Umarex is releasing G19X and probably some other licensed Glocks this year; the hop up adjustment has been changed so that you twist the guide rod to adjust hop up.  Out in Summer 2019.

Umarex VFC MP7 also coming out soon, forgot when it'll be released though.  375 USD MSRP, mags are 39 USD each.

Those MLOK MCXs are made by VFC, but it'll be released under Sig Sauer from now on, rather than a Cybergun/VFC release.  Didn't ask re MSRP.

Sig P320 pistols are also VFC.  I saw ones with CO2 mags and ones with green gas mags.  

Asked about their plans to release an AEG Rattler but they don't have plans yet.  However I them that there should be pretty high interest in the Rattler given the compactness of the rifle, plus being able to run M4 mags, and also it's been selected for evaluation by SOF.

Umarex is releasing G19X and probably some other licensed Glocks this year; the hop up adjustment has been changed so that you twist the guide rod to adjust hop up.  Out in Summer 2019.
Umarex VFC MP7 also coming out soon, forgot when it'll be released though.  375 USD MSRP, mags are 39 USD each.
Those MLOK MCXs are made by VFC, but it'll be released under Sig Sauer from now on, rather than a Cybergun/VFC release.  Didn't ask re MSRP.
Sig P320 pistols are also VFC.  I saw ones with CO2 mags and ones with green gas mags.  
Asked about their plans to release an AEG Rattler but they don't have plans yet.  However I them that there should be pretty high interest in the Rattler given the compactness of the rifle, plus being able to run M4 mags, and also it's been selected for evaluation by SOF.
Ah? Mlok Mcx? Cool beans, thanks

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, jal3 said:

You get fine reporting like this 🤣

For an exaggeration, 23 word caption with ~1500 likes wasn't too far off pitch.

11 hours ago, Gunmane said:

The sad thing is that if you are not one of them the exhibitors would likely be less inclined to give you info/let you take photos and videos of the good stuff/let you mess around with said stuff.

I've not personally had that I have to say and outside a tiny handful of companies I've got loose relationships with nobody at the show knows who I am, far from it.  I've managed to walk the entire show before now, didn't quite manage it this year but I covered 90% or so of the walkways, stopped in at many, many booths and barely had any dismissive attitudes, in fact I don't recall any this year.  KAC had a no picture policy in (I think) 2016 because there was that ITAR scare that 'exporting' a picture of a controlled item would contravene the law and one guy I spoke to clearly had a bit of a *suitcase* mood on, but that was a drop in a bucket vs basically everyone else I've ever spoken to being at the very least willing to answer a few questions.  Plenty more I've met, probably the majority, have been highly enthusiastic to talk about the things they clearly have a passion for with someone like-minded, especially if you approach with good questions.  I don't know if this is still the case, but last I checked only media badges were allowed to record media so that could be a factor too.

Not discounting your experience at all, just sharing mine.  It's not unfair to say that some booth people go hugely out of their way for the big follower counts, but equally in business that's not an unjustifiable practice.  I don't personally feel that I get treated in such a way that I need to change the way I do things things in order to hit the big numbers and have the red carpet rolled out as almost everyone I've met has been quite professional, but again that's just my limited personal experience.

• 5 months later...

Advanced issues found

On 2/11/2019 at 11:42 AM, intinerious said:

I prefer the Sig for how it feels in my hands and how it shoots. I prefer the Glock because magazines are way cheaper and you can get 15, 17, and 33 round magazines for it. 

Archived