PP 19-01

Pete171

Hey, just wondering what other people think of the pp-19-01 by LCT. 

I have one and gotta say, I'm not impressed with it, has a lot of issues with mags not fitting and even the battery compartment being to small to fit the battery in, these aren't things I expected from a £250 AEG. 

Has anyone else had similar issues with this brand. 

8 hours ago, Wingmann said:

You'll have battery size problems with that one, the SR-3M, the SR-3, the AS-VAL and the VSS. Small guns don't have good spaces for batteries.

I noticed, I didn't buy it, got given it as a gift but I've found so many issues with it. 

Mags just don't feed right, mid or high cap and it jams all the time, batteries don't fit properly, and get stuck which makes it hard to remove them without damaging them, just don't think it's worth the hassle it's turning out to be. 

I've spent some time shimming all the mags so they fit properly and that fixed the feeding issue, looking at the battery slot though, in odred to allow them to fit nicely without getting stuck, I'd need to boar out the chamber to widen it several mm. 

I'm just shocked that a gun priced at £250 has so many problems right out the box, it's a lot of work just to get it game ready. 

On 2/22/2019 at 11:04 PM, Bovinedog said:

I’ve had one for a while and had zero issues. Picked it up second hand.

What battery are you using? Space is compact but i have a 7.4v 1400 ak stick that fits fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have 8.4 volt stick Battery, I've widened the chamber now so they fit fine

11 minutes ago, Pete171 said:

Have 8.4 volt stick Battery, I've widened the chamber now so they fit fine

It's not really all that surprising you're having issues trying to force chunky obsolete batteries into a gun with a small battery compartment. You would be much better off using LiPos (7.4V 2-cell packs) rather than the NiMH(s) (8.4V 7-cell pack) you have at the moment. LiPos have been industry-standard for years now, especially in the UK. Amongst many, many other advantages they are much more energy-dense, which means you can get much smaller packs that still provide decent power. When you talk about "widening the chamber" on your PP-19 I'm pretty sure what you've done is bored out the hole in the trunnion for the gas piston so your battery can stick through the trunnion into the gas tube. That was common when stick NiMHs were the best you could get, but these days I run 7.4V LiPos that are barely 12cm long (i.e. they fit entirely under the dust cover and don't go through the trunnion at all) and still get 1,450mAh at 30~50C.

LCT have an excellent reputation and the PP-19-01 is reputed to be as good as the rest of their Kalashnikov-pattern lineup, i.e. very good. Nobody's perfect and it is possible your particular gun isn't within spec., but I would do research into the easy ways to solve problems before you start hacking away at things. That battery issue would have been solved in seconds by using a different battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's hot garbage. I like it because it makes a change from an MP5, but the mag fitment is garbage. The mag well is too loose, and the mag catch is about 1.3mm short, which leaves the BB release on the mags intermittent, really on working much more than 5% of the time if you hold the magazine up into it. Being typical Russian trash and more akin to a tractor than a firearm, the mag release pin is peened over, necessitating grinding it off and then tapping it for a fastener later. Tack some tig on and file finish to optimal length. After that it holds them perfectly snug, as good as anything else out there and frankly how they should have left the factory.

All folding stock AKs have terrible space for batteries, as do most smaller guns. I have a Fusion Engine in mind so no bother there 😄

LCT guns are generally pretty average in my opinion. I don't think much of their finish, but their gearboxes are pretty good now. For the price though, I'd rate them above average, you get your moneys worth.

Archived