eHobby Asia not so dead...

hitmanNo2

It seems the rumours of the death of eHobby Asia are greatly exaggerated.

It appears eHobby Asia is not closing up shop as initially suspected, just focusing on 100% online sales rather than having a walk in shop due to expensive rent.

So we just need to wait for them to make an announcement, rejig their site and acquire some stock and we're good to go again.

Sad to see a loss of a walk in HK shop but at least they'll be online.

3 hours ago, aznriptide859 said:

Really need to redo the site, their search function was pretty terrible. Glad to hear they’re still alive though.

I've pretty much stopped using them just because of that reason alone. Can't find anything on there since the new site a few years ago. 😐 

Not the rent alone but the whole environment in HK, generally speaking everyone's struggling just to stay alive

Back on eH, I think I can say I saw it coming

They moved out of the mall due to ridiculous increase of rent, now there is a ghost mall LOL!!!

New shop was inside a industrial building - where technically you do retail there, but arrange pick-ups are fine (wink wink), yet they still did full retail service in there.
Somehow got reported to the officials and they opened a tiny retail store nearby, in a hurry, which is physically impossible to shop in, and, if you purchase something you need to wait the staff bring the goods from the original shop (now warehouse) across the street.
On top of that, the shop closes relatively early around 1900~1930 considering the new location not as convenient as the mall before.

Meanwhile they acquired 5.11 franchise and opened a megastore in TST-East, where no one wants to shop there, nor 5.11 being very popular recently, people either buy better or cheaper stuff, some even rip-offs.

......... And, yeah, the search function on their website is so bad that they deserve to go down for just that alone :bam:

On 2/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, NonEx said:

I've pretty much stopped using them just because of that reason alone. Can't find anything on there since the new site a few years ago. 😐 

Given that virtually everything got sold off and all OOS products have been removed/deleted and most probably won't get restocked it should at least be a lot easier to browse through categories.

It'll be interesting to see what does get restocked now, seems as if a lot of what they had listed pre-clearance was discontinued by the manufacturer anyway.

After the search function broke I tried browsing the categories instead but that doesn't work either because they tag the products and group them by using the search function or something... Click one category and filter things, expect one result, get something completely different... 😐

• 2 months later...

Archived