Maple Leaf Macarone Buckings, any good?

Gunmane

As the title says, I'm looking for any opinions of the improved pastel colored Maple Leaf aeg buckings over say Modify flat hop buckings or stock ones.  I don't hear much about them other than the older black colored ones either being amazing or lemons.  I've been thinking about picking up a few sets from Airsoft atlanta since even with the nubs being separate they are cheaper than the modify flat hop ones I've been getting and those have not really wowed me.  I'm talking about this on a basic "I don't want to rhop or make a flat hop bucking on my own" kinda level.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The Macarons are good, but there's a caveat - the feed lips are longer than standard TM spec, which means they don't work with every hop up unit - sometimes they work fine, sometimes they end up giving you instant compression jams.

If you can get a hold of the newer "super" AEG Mapleleaf rubbers, they have a better contact patch design and shorter feed lips that work with most hop up units on the market.

I see, I figured the pastel color ones were the improved ones but I see the shop I was looking at (airsoft atlanta) also has the "super" version, albeit sold out.  Guess I'll just stick to what I have in most of my main collection and see what issues I can deal with over time.  My main kalash just had a shs chamber put in and I elected to give the orange bucking in it a try instead of putting in the modify hard bucking I ordered (since the soft version teared somehow despite not really getting to fire much, that kalash is so cursed I think it even drops fps every x amount of shots somehow).

Thanks for your input.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, Got Wood? said:

Can confirm. Tried to put one together and kept jamming even though it was all put together fine visually.

That was with a red plastic element hip unit with the single wheel design

Possibly related - I had an older batch of the ELEMENT red plastic pro-win clone units that all worked very well, but when I restocked recently the newer batch all have 'headspacing' issues - they are all way too tight around the feed lip area and no hop up rubber will work with them. Very annoying.

20 hours ago, Gunmane said:

I see, I figured the pastel color ones were the improved ones but I see the shop I was looking at (airsoft atlanta) also has the "super" version, albeit sold out.  Guess I'll just stick to what I have in most of my main collection and see what issues I can deal with over time.  My main kalash just had a shs chamber put in and I elected to give the orange bucking in it a try instead of putting in the modify hard bucking I ordered (since the soft version teared somehow despite not really getting to fire much, that kalash is so cursed I think it even drops fps every x amount of shots somehow).

Thanks for your input.

Confusingly, the new Super versions are also pastel coloured. You want the ones that have a wavy seal on the outside, like so:

xN9Kuei.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived