Websites of days gone by you'd like to see again?

Arnie

Here's a random one for you folks. I've managed to get archive and old copies of some websites that have long since gone offline and no longer exist.

I was going to create an airsoft-archive to preserve pages that have long since gone.

Are there any websites you can think of you'd like to se included?

I have permission and donated content from more than a few people and other's I've discovered in the archives. Thye would be preserved on an "as is" basis for historical purposes in a separate directory on here.

Only a couple of days ago I was looking to see if there was a working mirror of justpistols.co.uk anywhere.  I feel it was a valuable resource and it would be a shame if it was lost.  I was able to use waybackmachine but it would be nice if there was a proper, speedy clone with photos etc.

Also, I can't access the archived articles, reviews and projects here.  Is that on the list to sort?

justpistols - already got a copy :)

The archived stuff here is on th elist too, I have some links that will work as the old php code I wrote is like... er... ten years old and won't work.

I have a complete archive of PracticalAirsoft from Roger to stick up after recoding all of the asp into html. Also Chairsoft and airsoftplayers. Been chatting to Andy of GunWorx (which started a lot of this) and have devconairsoft as well.

Intend to see if I can get hold of a couple of the originators as they disappeare dwith their websites sadly.

1 hour ago, Arnie said:

There goes my afternoon.

Seriously, thanks for saving this old stuff. It's gold, for the nostalgia if nothing else.

Justpistols was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the topic title, it's always interesting to see what came before all the current available guns.

Classic Airsoft forums would be an interesting one, especially since hoses are cool again now ;)

2 hours ago, Rob15 said:

Justpistols was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the topic title, it's always interesting to see what came before all the current available guns.

Classic Airsoft forums would be an interesting one, especially since hoses are cool again now ;)

What's the old link to Classic Airsoft forums?

20 hours ago, Arnie said:

justpistols - already got a copy :)

The archived stuff here is on th elist too, I have some links that will work as the old php code I wrote is like... er... ten years old and won't work.

I have a complete archive of PracticalAirsoft from Roger to stick up after recoding all of the asp into html. Also Chairsoft and airsoftplayers. Been chatting to Andy of GunWorx (which started a lot of this) and have devconairsoft as well.

Intend to see if I can get hold of a couple of the originators as they disappeare dwith their websites sadly.

This literally made my day! Thank you so much, I second the classicairsoft.net, there was soooo much info. Is GunWorx the same as the way old Gremlin Gunworx?

Archived