MODIFY PP-2000 GBB

renegadecow

They already make spring sniper rifles - their MOD24 is the basis for Novritsch's SSG24 - and it looks like they make a few AEGs, too. How much of their range they actually make is anyone's guess. Looking at the spares they sell, my guess is they make the MOD24s in-house and contract out parts (especially the gearboxes) of the AEGs.

9 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Yeah cheap as that may be for what it is, that's still a good chunk that could go Zeta Labs on you.

There's no way the retailer is handing over preorder cash to the manufacturer - that leaves the retailer owing the customer money if the manufacturer goes under. The retailer's just going to sit on the extra cashflow until such time as you ask for it back or they actually have the stock to send you. It wouldn't be Modify (Zeta Labs) you'd need to worry about, it would be WGC.

Ordinarily I'd scoff at the idea of a major HK retailer going bankrupt, but we did just lose eHA...

10 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

They already make spring sniper rifles - their MOD24 is the basis for Novritsch's SSG24 - and it looks like they make a few AEGs, too. How much of their range they actually make is anyone's guess. Looking at the spares they sell, my guess is they make the MOD24s in-house and contract out parts (especially the gearboxes) of the AEGs.

There's no way the retailer is handing over preorder cash to the manufacturer - that leaves the retailer owing the customer money if the manufacturer goes under. The retailer's just going to sit on the extra cashflow until such time as you ask for it back or they actually have the stock to send you. It wouldn't be Modify (Zeta Labs) you'd need to worry about, it would be WGC.

Ordinarily I'd scoff at the idea of a major HK retailer going bankrupt, but we did just lose eHA...

If a retailer is willing to take your cash 7 months before a product from a generally unproven manufacturer ships, it's only a short leap to do anything else unseemly. The rule of law may be a little more blurry over there, and in this industry in particular. Just trying to say in a long-winded way...don't pre-order.

• 8 months later...

White and pink frames are limited releases.  They dunno how many they'll make but it'll just be 1 batch.

Long mag holds some 50ish rounds, short mag holds some 25ish rounds.  I don't remember, was busy looking at the gun lol.

Selector positioning on the prototypes they've shown aren't 100% perfect yet, I played with them and they don't align correctly sometimes.

Long mag can be used as stock, or can be replaced with the folding one.  The long mag, suppressor and flash light don't have a price yet.

Gun w/ short mag and foldy stock is 9k NTD.  Threading on suppressor and on the gun is -14mm, so you can fit other suppressors on it.

Archived