Got Wood?

9mm AR GBBR’s?

Forgive me if I’ve completely missed them all, but what with the growing popularity of 9MM AR platforms in the real steel world, why are we not seeing any of these in airsoft?

One that fed of Glock mags would be a hot seller in my opinion?

65055dc816b46c4a7cffad875998af33.jpg

Essentially an MP9 wrapped up in a AR package.

I can see issues with gas efficiency using glock mags, even if the bolt is tiny and lightweight.

That said... I'd probably pick one up!

I reckon with the smaller profile ejection port you could happily have a bolt carrier group the size of a slide or less. Hardest part would be where to have the buffer so that you actually felt any of the workings at all, which is half the appeal.

It looks like it still needs a lot of work yet.  Looks like a massively ridiculous bolt for a 9mm SMG.  Stupidly large ejection port too.  Just a prototype I guess.

Edited by hitmanNo2
  • Like 1

Yeah that seems pretty excessive for what it is.
However in real terms the 9mm bolt isn't much smaller at all.
Though for airsoft's sake, surely a system more similar to the MP9's etc would work better?

Image result for 9mm ar Bolt carrier vs .223 bolt carrier

Yeah it would work a lot better as a simple short bolt, that travelled as far as a slide, potentially with all the same internals as an GBB Glock, just a different blowback housing.

True, props for them for going with a seemingly RS sized bolt for realism but I just can't see it working out in terms of efficiency. 

An aluminum bolt should have as much mass as a zinc slide so it should perform similarly. But the felt recoil would be a lot less than the lighter glock carbine kits already out. Unless they make an all polymer receiver too. 

Bought time, KWA should have used Pistol Compatible mags for the Vector when they made that.  Hopefully they'kk do a GBBR version of there TK45 and make it Glock Mag Compatible.  Though if they do they probably use there own old Glock Mags, instead of the newer more common TM Spec ones.

Kinda wish it wasn't such a hassle to figure a way to make an adapter for old KSC TMP mags in some GBBR AR, got a ton of the mags already. Gas rifle mags cost a leg, an arm and some dangly bits to get to decent amount. 

Just a silent though in the night

But since Apple and the rest of the smartphone makers was told to make phones that use the same charger in order to save the world of unnecessary  production

how about somebody told the airsoftgun makers to use the same specs all over the line.

Starting with the AR15 platform since it is the most common in all fra G&P AEG lowers fitting with KA AEG uppers

Same goes for GBB and GBBR compatible magazines and body parts

Think of the saving in materials alone in production.

20 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Kinda wish it wasn't such a hassle to figure a way to make an adapter for old KSC TMP mags in some GBBR AR, got a ton of the mags already. Gas rifle mags cost a leg, an arm and some dangly bits to get to decent amount. 

I had converted a WE GBB M4 to take KWC C02 Uzi mags a year or two back in order to make a Colt DOE clone. So, it can be done but needs all sorts of modified internals to do it, a new loading nozzle, as well as magazine well adapters and feed ramp extensions. It probably wouldn't be too different to do the same thing for mp9 mags, so long as they physically fit in the mag well width wise.

I have a build thread about it on the forums here somewhere, but either I can't find it, or it disappeared somehow. I do have a video of it on YouTube though. And it really does kick as much as it looks, the co2 really throws the bolt around.

• Like 4