9mm AR GBBR’s?

Got Wood?

• 4 weeks later...

Bought time, KWA should have used Pistol Compatible mags for the Vector when they made that.  Hopefully they'kk do a GBBR version of there TK45 and make it Glock Mag Compatible.  Though if they do they probably use there own old Glock Mags, instead of the newer more common TM Spec ones.

Just a silent though in the night

But since Apple and the rest of the smartphone makers was told to make phones that use the same charger in order to save the world of unnecessary  production

how about somebody told the airsoftgun makers to use the same specs all over the line.

Starting with the AR15 platform since it is the most common in all fra G&P AEG lowers fitting with KA AEG uppers

Same goes for GBB and GBBR compatible magazines and body parts

Think of the saving in materials alone in production.

20 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Kinda wish it wasn't such a hassle to figure a way to make an adapter for old KSC TMP mags in some GBBR AR, got a ton of the mags already. Gas rifle mags cost a leg, an arm and some dangly bits to get to decent amount. 

I had converted a WE GBB M4 to take KWC C02 Uzi mags a year or two back in order to make a Colt DOE clone. So, it can be done but needs all sorts of modified internals to do it, a new loading nozzle, as well as magazine well adapters and feed ramp extensions. It probably wouldn't be too different to do the same thing for mp9 mags, so long as they physically fit in the mag well width wise.

I have a build thread about it on the forums here somewhere, but either I can't find it, or it disappeared somehow. I do have a video of it on YouTube though. And it really does kick as much as it looks, the co2 really throws the bolt around.

• 3 weeks later...

I remembered that build thread very well, Brigg. It made me want to do one myself. But at the time I lacked the skills and equipment necessary. And by the time I got a 3d-printer the thread was lost to the ages.

Have you still got the pictures? I remember they where very detailed.
Any chance of a 3d cad-file so one can make a similar SMG for oneself? Especially the custom nozzle and feed ramp, which keeps eluding me.

The really tough part is the upper, which I guess is quite easy to come by in the U.S., but not so much in Europe.
The handguards have already been made in CAD and is available for anyone to download:
https://grabcad.com/library/m231-633-doe-handguard-1

But how did you make the front sight assembly? Did you buy a real parts kit, or was that also handmade?

In any case, this made me want a KWC UZI for sure.

I might still have some of the pictures floating around but i may have lost them when my older laptop died. Back when i did that build, all of it was done entirely by trial and error, so even if i had saved any of the dimensions, they would be of very little use. I had no idea how to use CAD at the time so there were no cad files, everything was just milled manually, and tweaked till it worked.

As far as the front sight assembly, that was all built by hand ( well, on a mini mill ), but i had found the schematics of it on google image search, from a thread on ar15.com iirc, so the dimensions for that should be available if you look through the image results.

I have been meaning to make another one at some point though, And since i do now have a 3d printer, I would probably try printing a lot of the parts. Though some of them do have to be metal, like the feed ramp and loading nozzle arm i think would break pretty easy if they were PLA plastic. so they would have to be metal at least in some part., And the extended valve striker really has to be steel or it'll get mangled, even the aluminum ones i tried at first didnt survive long.

If and when i get to try making a new one, my plan was to make a flat top upper version. And for that, the easiest thing to use would be the upper from a WE T91 since it has no deflecter or forward assist. So, its pretty likely that I'll be making another, i just dont know when, especially since i have an ongoing project at the moment.

This thread is really excellent!
Precisely what we where missing.

I also did some more research on the subject and found these floating around the internet:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0d/93/82/0d938284eeb787713b67bad634e6c715.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/45/b4/7145b4d7ed1f35c2b6ae77ad9748325a.jpg

Should be the schematics previously mentioned.

La piece de resistance is, what appears to be, a full 3D CAD rendering of the front sight assembly made by someone on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroAR/comments/b3f6wr/a_personal_projectexperiment_a_3d_model_of_the/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=02f3247decc145dea7e3b18421e51360&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=b3f6wr

Apparently, it is meant for printing via ShapeWays metal printing service in steel, which appears slightly overkill in my book for airsoft use.

I've been wondering about the front handguard cap, it is supposed to be 1,8 inces in diameter. But could a 45mm freeze plug be a reasonable substitute?
If so, all we need is a high quality resin 3d-printer and things are afoot.

• 9 months later...

ProWin have made this finally, currently at preorder.

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections/pre-order/products/pro-win-ar9-conversion-kit-for-marui-m4-mws-gbbp

£180 with 3 long magazines is actually very reasonable, especially with 2 nozzles as well.

Maybe one day I’ll pick up an MWS and get this but it’s a lot of money all said and done. For now my £60 armourers works kit is a neat option.

Archived