re-upgrading my BAR10

dominique.g

Hey guys, 

i have out of the airsoft scene for quite some time now and i'm getting back into it, 

my bar10 used to be a good rifle but over time it had degraded quite a bit so i'm planning on replacing a few parts 

To start with i have a laylay zero trigger but the piston is kinda damaged (the teflon rings are scratched and the cylinder head has modified the piston head quite a bit and now it doesn'd have compression anymore) so my first question is are there replacement pistons available for the zero trigger (doesn't necessarily have to be the same brand) 

i also would like to replace those 2 thin teflon rings that are in the receiver (around the cylinder) but no idea where to get those

my hop up rubber will need to be replaced, if firefly still considered to be one of the best rubbers ? 

i have a prometheus barrel now, are there already better barrels on the market or should i stick with what i have (is edgi still in business) 

my spring is a little mangled, what brand of spring should i replace i with (currently its a laylax spring not sure if there are better brands now)

also is there a consensus about what the best bb are (back in the day i was using bioval bbbmax however they haven't been around for maybe 10 years now) 

and one final question is there a internet shop where i can find everything i need in one go (it used to be ehobby but they aren't stocking anything now) 

1) Lots of companies make 90degree pistons, you can look at Action Army, AirsoftPro, Edgi, Laylax, WASP etc.

2) Teflon ring wise, I believe Laylax sell replacements, or you can even get a 3d printed set off the interwebs

3) Get yourself a 50 or 60 degree MapleLeaf Super hop up rubber and remove the barrel bridge from your barrel, then get either a MapleLeaf or AirsoftPro concave hop arm and do the TDC mod. You'll not regret it!
4) As long as the bore finish on your inner barrel is still good, stick with it. If you want to replace it, a good budget option is the MapleLeaf Crazy Jet, and if you want to spend lots of money, Edgi is still around and still very good.

5) Action Army are good, Laylax or PDI are also good.

6) BLS and their rebrands (Longbow, Geoffs etc). Go as heavy as you are allowed to and you have cylinder volume for.

7) Skirmshop.nl or AirsoftPro.cz are both good choices

Hope that helps!

Thats all there is to it. Tho if you dont fancy a screw sticking out the top of your barrel you can use a hopup chamber like the Action Army one. Its a bit more fiddly to adjust since you have to take the magazine out and use a hex tool but the end result is more or less the same from my experience of using both. And i use a Maple leaf rubber in mine aswell.

Archived