The Handgun Light Thread

Got Wood?

I’ll start with a question about the APL-C. I have the genuine Gen3 model, and with a G19X on the way it seems a good idea to get the C variant.

Has anyone tried the ACM clone? Seems a bit overkill to spend another £150 on a light.

Also, can anyone determine what the difference is between the advertised ‘Glock’ specific model? All the sales listings say the same copy and paste job from Inforce.

I got a APL C clone from AliExpress. The switch had a problem and the light would sometimes flicker when turned on. Otherwise was pretty bright and I liked it overall more than the XC1 for a compact light. Ended up selling it and switching back to an x300 clone though.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

There’s also the Olight PL Mini to consider for compact length handguns. Same size profile as the APLC And XC-1.

Magnetic charging a built in battery, 45 mins for 60 minutes of light, at 400 lumens. Sound perfect for daily skirmishing. (You’d have your light on perhaps 10 minutes total in a day?) only £60 rather than £100+ as well.

Sadly there only seems to be an FDE version of the newer model, which is a limited edition, and starts at $100. Which is a bit of a shame

I suppose I'll throw my tuppence in. My opinions on the Night Evolution/Element X300 replica.

Performance:

I'm not a lumen-chaser, so I don't pay attention to specifics. It's bright enough to illuminate a room and possibly dazzle an opponent, with focus tight enough to use as an improvised/reflex aiming point. It is significantly dimmer than my real Surefire X300U, but I really don't want 500-odd lumens for an airsoft game.

Quality:

It feels about the same as my real Surefire X300U, so it's quite good. I've fully submerged the light in swamp water at least a dozen times by now, sometimes for 5-10 minutes straight. It continues to function flawlessly, more than can be said for the handgun(s) it was attached to.

Price:

I bought this light about 5 years ago, so I can't recall exactly how much I paid for it. It appears the newer Night Evolution X300U is going for around 60 USD, which is fair for what you get.

Fitment:

I've had no drama fitting this light to a Cyma CM.030 Glock AEP, KJW KP-01 P226 GBB, and TM P226E2 GBB. Solid lockup with a bit of wiggle, but nothing to worry about.

Genuine vs Clone:

As noted above, it fits and feels like the real thing. It is compatible with aftermarket tailcaps; I have a real Surefire DG switch fitted to mine, which functions as intended. Word to the wise: don't bother with replica DG switches, as their dimensions are off and tend to conform to your handgun's frame poorly.

Overall:

Much like Night Evolution's scout light replicas, their X300 is a genuine value. I would've been happy with a 2-3 year service life, but it continues to go strong 5 years later. Considering how much you save over the real Surefire product, I think buying the NE replica is a no-brainer.

Attached is a picture of the X300 in the field. It looks beat to hell because it is. Still does the job.

35386839_10156651967200815_1978069822650449920_o.jpg

Archived