Posting IMGs from Google Photos

I had to move from flickr after they switched their entire model, but it seems 99% of people here can't view any images I post that are hosted on my new account over at GP, so I pretty much can't post any pictures here anymore because tbh I'm not moving everything again or individually re-hosting each image I want to post.  It does seem odd this issue had arisen, the GP hosting works perfectly fine ad one would expect over on AF-UK and DevTsix.

Original issue highlighted:

Test thread for reference:

In that thread I personally can see the 1st image in the OP perfectly fine and also the image in the 2nd post, but the 2nd image in the 1st post is just a hyperlink.

Edited by CKinnerley

right had a look at the image links you posted above, I can't see them and they show bloked for me. I think you can see them as they are chached or private to you. Are you following the procedure to get a shared link off Google Photos or just copying the link from the address bar?

This video suggests your links should be quite a lot shorter when generated:

Off-topic, having spent all day working with WD40, grease, chain oil/cleaner wiring/cables and other tools I really REALLY wish I had kept the rubber gloves on all day. My fingers are toast, on the bright side my auxiliary wiring on the motorbike is much tidier and professionally installed now.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Off-topic, having spent all day working with WD40, grease, chain oil/cleaner wiring/cables and other tools I really REALLY wish I had kept the rubber gloves on all day. My fingers are toast, on the bright side my auxiliary wiring on the motorbike is much tidier and professionally installed now.

Then today was a good day! 

10 hours ago, Arnie said:

right had a look at the image links you posted above, I can't see them and they show bloked for me. I think you can see them as they are chached or private to you. Are you following the procedure to get a shared link off Google Photos or just copying the link from the address bar?

I get what you're saying, but as I say the long links work 100% fine on the other 2 forums which to me would tend to suggest the issue is more with this board.  Example:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/7377-the-what-have-you-just-bought-thread/?do=findComment&comment=355912

I'm pretty confident I already tried using the Share/Get Link option in other threads here and various other users said they still weren't seeing anything, but here's a test just in case:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kSo3vE1WdGaod54J9

And using the type of site shown in the video:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0-rLzyQgOBinnL_seQQSzor0-OxpWqCdXsipcvXEkOKNhhYcK3hn7nMTk68c9_2yD7KL3K61yqNHVSXe4Uyoxkl3FmBhkOUA=w2400

Pasting either style of link in to the 'Insert Image from URL' under the 'Insert Other Media' drop-down in the bottom right of the post writing box just results in the text field flashing red at me when I click insert in to post.  If I do the standard thing and Copy Image Address on GP then use said drop-down it appears to work on my end:

uqAGvRAvCRwcg9rH7xjGj9C28EHic5ohOwr7YCls

I would presume you'll not see an image here ^ however.

• 5 months later...