Your Favorite C02 Handguns

Wingman

Favorites: KWC/Cybergun Colt Rail Gun, Nighthawk Covert OPS and Colt 1911A1 Parkerized

Have had them for some time now. Always work and after thousands of shots, I've had no parts breakage or failure to fire. Range, accuracy and power have always been quite good. My only issues are that the triggers are kind of mushy (but the re-set is pretty good) and the fact that there are some cosmetic issues, such as lack of lowered ejection port on the Colt Rail Gun and the Covert OPS. On a positive note, they appear to be the only 1911's that come with ambi-safeties that the levers on the right side dont wiggle around! How did they manage that and TM and KJW/ASG have not figured that out yet?

Honorable Mentions: KJW KP13. Basically their G Series pistol with a much better grip and the ability to use many TM and Guarder etc, G series parts (magazine release is a different design and also metal).

Finally the old Timberwolf. One of the biggest mistakes made by Echo 1 was dropping this pistol (naturally the EMG BLU is using a variant of it). I have 2 and both are using C02 on a regular basis. The parts compatability with TM and Guarder, etc is excellent and allows a lot of customization.

What I wish someone would make: C02 magazines that would work in the TM Mk23.

KJW 7 inch "Xcellerator" Hicapa.

Bought cheap as "non working", a few tweaks got it going, twas a beast , kicked like a mule and only got 1 mag of bbs per co2 cartridge but wow!

I only used it a few times for target shooting as it was very hot (400fps+ if memory serves)

Good fun though.

I'd like to try some co2 mags in my TM/Guarder G17, the APS ACP mags look good, has anybody tried them in a TM? Purely for U.K. winter use.

Jim.

Funny thing is, I've been told several times that they are and that they fall apart and you cant get parts (not necessarily true as I see part kits for sale all the time). Then I will watch as their "wonder pistol" gives up the ghost or,  out of a full magazine of gas, they cant manage to unload a full load of BB's.

KWC/Cybergun 1911's are certainly not "perfect" by any means, but my years of experience with them tells a totally different story.

Same thing happened when I would field a HFC G17 during bad weather in the old days. Even though I would be told how inferior they were, they just kept on working. I have 2 of their G17's and 2 G26's and they have to be 15+ years old and they are still working today. Only thing I've replaced are some sights. Wish I could get a couple more.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, gisburn20 said:

I'd like to try some co2 mags in my TM/Guarder G17, the APS ACP mags look good, has anybody tried them in a TM? Purely for U.K. winter use.

I tried a CO2 ACP mag in my old TM G17. I was a bit drunk and didn't factor the ambient temperature (80 F) into the equation. Got one round off, then the gun was totaled. Not my proudest moment.

My go-to for the longest time was the KJW KP-01, their P226R replica. I never had one last longer than a year, with each of my 5 usually dying around the 6-8 month mark. Granted, I was using them every weekend year round with basically zero maintenance. I got a TM P226E2 to replace it and have enjoyed it immensely for the 3-ish months I've used it.

They are mk1's but the good thing about kj works is the spare parts support, I can order mk2 lowers and grips straight from them.

The manuals are online with parts diagrams in the back and they will sell you any part you need, I've ordered lots of parts from kj works over the years.

Jim.

Archived