GHK AK(M) Compatibility with real parts?

grimmah

Hey.

I was gonna go look at the compatibility guide at the gasgunsinfo forum, but that site seems to have died out, no longer a valid url.

So i am curious to know, what parts would fit from a real ak on the GHK AK's built on LCT externals? I am primarily looking at a Texas Weapon Systems AK railed top cover, but its a pretty pricey piece of kit if i cant make it fit without major modifications.

I also would like to know if gas tubes are compatible? The akm i just got from samoon, 2019 manufacture, has a bit of play in the gas tube up and down, which id like to eliminate. I guess it could have some welding done to the bottom rear part to then file down and fit better, but i figured maybe a real part looks even nicer?

Anyway, if anyone has some info on compatible parts (i know real steel ak's vary from manufacturer to manufacturer) that would be great to know.

Thanks and regards.

2 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Airsoft receivers and dust covers are longer. If you'll notice Grim's Romanian build he had to modify the GHK receiver so the cover locks a few mm in front of where it's supposed to sit.

So the TWS top cover will not really be an option?

3 hours ago, CatgutViolin said:

Facebook makes it easy to miss messages from people outside your Friends list. I sent him a message yesterday on Reddit and he got back to me within an hour- try there.

Well, facebook did show my message as having been read.

33 minutes ago, grimmah said:

So the TWS top cover will not really be an option?

You might be able to make it fit but it will look like *albatross*. You can see in GRIM's album (linked in the Reddit post above) how the top cover ends about 5mm from the end of the receiver, which with all due respect to GRIM, looks stupid.

Asura Dynamics make an airsoft-spec clone of the TWS and as far as I'm concerned buying that instead is a complete no-brainer.

I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer on the gas tube but frankly if a bit of wobble is the major issue I'd be tempted to put some electrical tape (or at most, some JB Weld, and sand that to fit) on it to tighten it up. I have sort of learned from bitter experience that trying to jam parts from different manufacturers together is fraught with difficulty, expense and frustration, and you're almost always better trying to improve what you have rather than swapping it out.

26 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

You might be able to make it fit but it will look like *albatross*. You can see in GRIM's album (linked in the Reddit post above) how the top cover ends about 5mm from the end of the receiver, which with all due respect to GRIM, looks stupid.

Asura Dynamics make an airsoft-spec clone of the TWS and as far as I'm concerned buying that instead is a complete no-brainer.

I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer on the gas tube but frankly if a bit of wobble is the major issue I'd be tempted to put some electrical tape (or at most, some JB Weld, and sand that to fit) on it to tighten it up. I have sort of learned from bitter experience that trying to jam parts from different manufacturers together is fraught with difficulty, expense and frustration, and you're almost always better trying to improve what you have rather than swapping it out.

Yeah, the Asura one is on my radar, i just wanted the real trades and didnt mind paying for it, had it just fit.

as for the gas tube, it doesnt really wobble, it just allows for a bit of movement up and down. not the end of the world

8 hours ago, blobface said:

If you're happy to pay extra for trades, you could just get the clone one engraved by companies such as Run In Workshop. 

I own the TWS and the GHK AKs, and can confirm it won't fit without some weird surgery required as suggested above.. 

You mean you own the real TWS?

Not looking to perform surgery on my new AKM just to make real parts fit... I was just under the impression that LCT used real dimensions for the GHK guns, but it seems they use the AEG standards after all then.

5 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Yeah, GHK externals are OEMd by LCT is why. The only thing they really changed to follow RS spec is pistol grip width.

I know but like i said, i thought the GBB externals would be by actual ak messurements and not AEG, but i guess they use the very same externals with just different holes etc put in them to hold GBB internals rather than a gearbox.

1 hour ago, blobface said:

This probably helps. 

MVIMG-20190406-201619.jpg

Thank you, yes i got it from what you said earlier, i just didnt understand if you meant the Asura "TWS" wouldnt fit, or the actual real TWS wouldnt fit. I think ill go with the Asura to avoid any headaches or fitting problems. Its a shame that the real stuff wont fit as the real TWS has that quick detatch system now.

While we are on the subject of the real TWS though, do you have the peep sight from them also? I would assume that would fit on the Asura, but airsoft isnt always within spec when it comes to rails.

10 hours ago, renegadecow said:

If you're still interested in getting the real one, the latest gen appears to have a separate piece for the hinge. Maybe have it copied in a machine shop but longer. 

Thanks, but if you check the comparison above, the actual cover is shorter, so the compatibility issue would remain.

Archived