Getting Back into Airsoft.

Reilly

First post, but figuredI needed to jump into a forum to get myself back into the sport mentally.

Used to play for about 10 years, and took a break when I moved house,  Around that time it seemed most sites and forums etc seemed to head to facebook and all that annoying , 3 years later, the bug has started itching again! Perhaps this is one of those infections that is incurable eh?

My only concern is that while myself and my partner never sold our gear and guns... I do worry that its a bit outdated now. A few searches around the usual stores shows there's been some evolution. I feel like a bit of a time traveler!  Will I get laughed at that my gats are covered in cobwebs? :D (I wonder if I still remember how to gearbox?)

So in summary, did I miss much? Also Hi.

In 3 years?  I feel like at any given time in airsoft's existence 3 years isn't that much, stuff evolves very slightly but when you bear in mind a plastic legacy TM AEG is still more than perfectly usable to play the game it puts things in to perspective.

Most people still use AEGs, the haven't really changed in any meaningful way in the last 3 years. You can still be entirely competitive with a pretty ancient AEG so long as the hop is decent. Also, most of the stuff airsofters buy adds relatively little to their performance. Just get stuck in and have fun!

That is a well rounded selection. I'd add a shotgun. Even a good springer can come in handy. I have a couple that I really enjoy using as a primary every now and then for a change and make a decent back-up should your AEG for the day goes down.

Archived