Player safety is spot on at this site !

druid799

This popped up on my Facebook feed this am , Glad to see Airsoft Billericay take safety so seriously ? 😳

PS the pic has now been removed from there Facebook gallery, funny that ?🤫

aparantly his usual eye pro was fogging up so he was going to wear a full mesh mask , BUT forgot to put it on ! Yea right ! 🤦‍♂️ 

3A0D5995-7631-474A-AE7B-C23298BD6780.jpeg

21 hours ago, jal3 said:

I mean it's not very friendly, but on the other hand, why make a big thing out it (the initial situation). *suitcase* happens.

^^This. It's a very very easy mistake to make for someone who wears prescription glases btw. I nearly did it myself once, buddy warned me before we left the safezone, seen people do it atleast twice before aswell.. You warn the guy when you spot it, no need for a lynching. Doodoo happens.

Think the big thing is not so much the action of the player (as has been said if you wear glasses it can happen) I think the real stink comes from the site management’s attitude and lack of interest in the whole fiasco , you’ve got a player leaving the safezone without his eye pro on , where’s the marshal who should be checking the players as they leave it ? You’ve got said player in-game for apparently a good while un-spotted by the marshals and then when it has all gone pair shaped on-line you’ve got the site owner threatening people over it ! 

Eye protection doesn't just protect your eyes. It protects the guy shooting at you from feeling awful if he blinds you. We're talking about the potential for a life changing injury here. It's not just 6 weeks in a cast or some stitches, its permanent.

With that in mind, the attitude of that post from Skirmish Airsoft Billaricay is absolutely inexcusable. When it's a matter of safety, you should own your mistake and learn from it.

Should they be reported to their insurers? The attitude is hardly professional and their focus doesn't seem to be in line with reasonable safety guidelines in  insurance contracts for sports event management? 

The appropriate response would be something along the lines of:

“Thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention. It’s very few and far between that safety blunders happen, but when they do, please rest assured that our priority is on fixing it.

We have made changes to the daily briefing, and from now on players are checked before they allowed in and out of the safe zone.”

And I whipped that up sat on the toilet so...

Archived