LCT Conversion Kits, Where Did They Go?

Gunmane

As the title says, I was wondering if anyone has seen LCT's conversion kits around still.  I remember when places like WGC had a bunch of them but now it seems either LCT has stopped making them or most shops I know of stopped carrying them.  I am in the mindset now where I almost rather but such a kit to stuff my own ramshackle parts into rather than buy another full replica.

I think they stopped doing them when they started selling complete guns.

AFAIK the Guarder, Russian Mania Workshop and Inokatsu kits are all the same. When LCT took over around 2008 they sold the kits as per before moving onto to complete AEGs. So i think the kits are very old stock. I may be wrong.

Or they figured they'd make more money selling parts individually? The whole kits have all but dried out but there's been a steady flow of parts at WGC and Tiger111 from what I'm seeing. You can still make most of what you'll get in a kit but have to pay a lot more.

I suppose that is the case.  Shame really.  I managed to get the inner barrel out of my messed up rpk model with the stripped screw I cannot dislodge and kinda thought about seeing if the rpk74mn kits were still around (and aks75/ak74mn kits to replace my old dboys/cyma hybrids).

What parts are around seem to be geared towards that whole "modular" concept they keep toting about with on social media.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Weren't kits like that a remnant of the days of TM's original plastic AEGs being the only/primary option in the marketplace?  Or at least from the times when the only metal guns were nasty pot metal CAs and ICSs (talking mainly AKs of course).

AK kits were all for Tm back then . CA hadn't started doing AKs and ICS were much later to do them . What killed the kits properly was when Chinasoft started and people like Dboys and later Cyma started selling steel AKs for 25% of the cost of a kit without even factoring the base gun cost 

Archived