Alpha-Tec Closed?

Got Wood?

On 21 de mayo de 2019 at 8:40 PM, Wingmann said:

Well, it says right there "out of stock"... :P

Flick me, I did not pay attention to the "multishot base" part, just the make, my fault.

Also you might well try "local" (PARLA), if the guy is legit may have stock other than the single grenade announced or a way to get to.

http://www.airsoftbazar.com/segunda-mano/anuncio/granadas-y-minas,7/granadasohshiboom,222905

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, Got Wood? said:

Thanks Commando. Makes it harder to choose between one of the Hex grenades or an Oshiboom now

Seen Ohshiboom grenades go off with the pin still in.

Took a hard knock to do it, but still. Didn't sit right with me.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, CKinnerley said:

Alpha-Tec was owned/run by that Keith (?) guy who's been famous over the years for many failed businesses that have taken peoples' money and run.  I wanna say previous efforts were something to do with PTWs and an engraving business.

The HEX grenade was manufactured by Keith for AlphaTec but Alpha Tec was not his business . However the guy from AT vanished and Keith kept manufacturing to fulfil trade orders for a while but then stopped . Keith was also the Airsoft Engraver 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, BigAl said:

There is a new grenade coming on the market soon, aimed at the MIlsim / Training Market.  Not connected to any of the above.

You're just going to leave us hanging huh? 

Oh what the hell, have a few details:

1. Construction : 6082 T6 Aluminium
  2. Weight 305g
  3. Main Charge Uses TLD Cartridge Charges ( MK 4/5 level to follow, along with a range of delays )
  4. Primer : Cheddite 209 Primer
  5. Pull pin / fly off handle design
  6. 100% made in the UK
  7. Available in Black, green or blue
  8. Retail £85, Pre Orders  £75
  9. Space for Custom Engraving at extra cost

Going into production as we speak, available soon.  For further details contact : info@jtac-custom.co.uk 

66254767_343380463244855_4391411997812457472_n.jpg

64557605_487193015371212_2850972537733513216_n.jpg

So you can just use a 209, but also use that 209 to set off a bigger charge?  More realistic than anything else I've seen admittedly.  I'd defo stick to my x3 TRMR because it's more practical for skirmishes but this is obviously going for the real world training user.  Or people who think airsoft is pretty much the real thing.

22 hours ago, BigAl said:

Oh what the hell, have a few details:

1. Construction : 6082 T6 Aluminium
  2. Weight 305g
  3. Main Charge Uses TLD Cartridge Charges ( MK 4/5 level to follow, along with a range of delays )
  4. Primer : Cheddite 209 Primer
  5. Pull pin / fly off handle design
  6. 100% made in the UK
  7. Available in Black, green or blue
  8. Retail £85, Pre Orders  £75
  9. Space for Custom Engraving at extra cost

Going into production as we speak, available soon.  For further details contact : info@jtac-custom.co.uk 

I've tested these and they will be an awesome replacement for Gr20s etc but I would say less so for regular BFG users . I personally would rather not have your average sunday skirmisher throwing them around 

20 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

So you can just use a 209, but also use that 209 to set off a bigger charge?  More realistic than anything else I've seen admittedly.  I'd defo stick to my x3 TRMR because it's more practical for skirmishes but this is obviously going for the real world training user.  Or people who think airsoft is pretty much the real thing.

You must have missed the TLD GR20 aggressor, that was extremely nice but had the issue of odd charges and primers pressed into brass caps that screwed on (likely due to being pistol primers) which from memory went off the moment the spoon flew off.

It does look like they are still in production so presumably the charges and primers can still be purchased (how easily I have no idea) but the cost per use was a lot higher than Dynatex a BFG, and right there is the issue with any 'FG' without the 'B' when it comes to airsoft, I sold my GR20 before I ever really got chance to use it and bought an oshiboom and a second Dynatex BFG instead since I already had a few boxes of .380 blanks with more readily available from numerous shops.

http://www.lesslethal.com/products/tld001-detail

Archived