WE G39 Pmags?

Got Wood?

Seems an obvious idea but google comes up with nothing, did anyone ever try and transfer the G39 mag contents into genuine PMag shells?

I’m guessing they won’t fit, but has no one really made an Airsoft shell either?

Seems like an easy win since both the real steel community and Airsoft all loathe the HK design

There has been one guy that modified real Magpul G36 magazines to house the internals but I haven’t seen anyone attempt regular PMAG conversion. I’ve been toying around with this idea recently. 

Using one of those AEG M4 magwell adapters, I’ve removed the top portion to allow a magazine to seat up and connect with the nozzle. I need a real pmag to modify for the gas tank. 

Shouldn’t be too difficult...in theory. Just getting the internals to fit into the pmag shell and it’s correct alignment for the working parts. 

There hasn’t been much progress on this project for a while but here’s a video of the project that I posted to my FB page. 

That may have been the one I saw. 

I’ve trimmed the front section of metal from the G39’s gas tank which should allow it to slide into a modified PMAG. 

I got temptingly far when seating it into my Iron Airsoft Pmag for the Marui M4 GBBR that it just might work on a real one. I think it’ll be worth while, GBB G36 running off that slim profile. The photos of your moist G36 are stunning, reminds me of Garand Thumbs review. (Intentional? 😉)

Thanks chap! It’s not meant to be a direct copy but the concept did intrigue me. For the life of me I don’t know why HK put the wings on the underside of the standard carry handle, that makes getting at thecharging handle a fiddle on a rush. With no rail over it you can reach down as easily as any MP5 type Charing handle, and it doesn’t feel awkward to wrap your hand around the entire hand guard, even the top section. I did it with an IDZ rail as the KAC route was very expensive for what it is, and the Laylax style looks like trash.

Would be interested to see how that panned out. I’m not really so much interested in the M4 conversion, as changing the profile of the magazines. I suppose the best hack would be to trim all non essential tabs and lips off the standard mags, but I foresee cracking and splitting!

A bonkers design, having those wings. It’s so much more comfortable to use without that bridge in the way, right?

I found the Real Knights G36 rear low profile sight rail on an EU website. €300+ IronSight on a €250 rifle...hmmm

That chopped IDZ rail still looks the part. Good job. 

So I thought I’d saw and file off the lip on the mag as well as the tabs on the side.

HK make a mag in this slimmer profile but they are $55 per mag. Don’t blame people for buying the conversion kits for standard mags.

Sadly whilst it will now fit upside down in an M4 pouch, it isn’t quite secure in the magwell. You can push the mag back and forth (side to side is secure) and cause bolt stoppages.

Looks like I’ll have to settle for storing them baseplate off, upright, in pouches.

ada0279104f6963b452af4fbde37fec1.jpg

bc7140da30556849311bb7151e2177b2.jpg

7b23a955b8869db1721b068cc69e583a.jpg

Comparing my old PTS Gmags and WE g39 mags, sadly I don't think it's possible. 

The front of the gmag tapers a little bit where the normal magazine doesn't (where the tips of the bullets are). the g39 gas tank is totally square so either you could try to knock the edges off or thin out the gmag shell to the point that it'll be fragile :(

I think there are still some knockoff gmag flashmags in a few stores you could cannibalize the shell from for testing.

otherwise maybe 3d printing a slightly out-of-spec mag shell?

*or get some g36 specific mag pouches :D*

Haha yes it will probably end up with new pouches. Just don’t want to then have M4 mags falling out all the tile for a gun I’ll run a 3rd of the year.

Also, bought a WE mag shell to replace the army mag I’ve buggered. Has a thinner internal diameter thanks to 4 protruding surfaces inside, so some filing is required. What a pain in the backside.

Archived