druid799

Arthurian Airsoft Excalibur ‘Mordred’

Brief background to the gun ;

Arthurian Airsoft are a VERY new uk based Airsoft gun supplier that started in business late last yr , it appears to be run by S’ofters for S’ofters from the gumph I’ve read about it .

The guns they sell are apparently Specna OEM guns but ‘tweeked’ to there spec , works been done on the gearbox , different inner barrel and there are external differences from the ‘stock’ Specna range . So I've been lusting after one basically since I first saw them , the particular model I liked was called the ‘Mordred’ in sandstone (also available in black) but not seen any reviews on them as there so new , any hoo I decided to take a chance and bite the bullet and get one sans reviews .

first impressions;

when it arrived via free next day delivery from Socomtactical first impression was lust ! 😍 it’s a gorgeous looking gun rapidly followed by “F**k me its heavy !” 😱 weighs a bloody ton BUT it does feel absolutely solid and bombproof.

externally it comes with what appears to be an angry gun mk16 M-lok rail , a cranestock , set of KAC style BUIS and a nice little QD suppressor that fits on a scar type flash hider , in the box theres also a 300 hi-cap . 

One touch I do like about it is when you rack the bolt to adjust the hop the cover stays back until you press the bolt release , a nice touch so you DON’T need three hands to set the hop ! 🤦‍♂️.

Out of the box it was doing a very consistent 331-334fps .

whats it like to use ?;

stuck a couple of mids through it in the back garden on arrival , first thought ? Lovely crisp sound to it and nice rate of fire and it feels quite ‘pointable’ moves around fast when held right .

Had it’s first gameday yesterday at black ops Bristol’s Portishead site (a compact little woodland dulux/airsoft site) due to the recent up and down weather the undergrowth has literally exploded in to life ! But that’s fine with me as I love ‘sneaky sneaky’ single shot from cover style game play , max consistent ranges your looking at were around the 30-35mtr due to the heavy cover . BUT from the very first pull of the trigger I had absolutely no trouble what so ever tagging my targets (actually got a kill with the very first pull of the trigger ! blue player 20’ish mtr’s out single shot ! if it wasn’t for the fact I drove 1.30hr to get there and had a car full of team mates I mite have packed up and gone home I had that big a grin on my mush from it ! 🤣)As the day went on I could definitely see the range creeping out further and further as the hop was settling in and was having the tiniest of adjustments to it , by end of day I was easily tagging the blues out to the 30mtr mark (couldn’t see much further due the dense cover) and hitting them very near where I was aiming ( using a 1-4 short dot) Battery was a 750mah 9.9v LiFe and was feeding it .25’s , and as I’m a predominantly single shot type player (but not averse to burst fire if it’s warranted, non hit taking anyone?😇)  there was zero effect on rates of fire due to the batt being a relatively small capacity one and a very full days play with it 👍

Pros; 

the look of it , it is a lovely looking gun and I’m a great believer in no matter how good a gun is if you don’t like it’s looks it just won’t perform for you  , considering it’s a ‘stock’ gun you can most definitely tell it’s had some work done to it , it just feels and sounds crisp when using it , has nice sharp trigger pull no creep or softness to it , the hop cover locking back to adjust the hop .

Cons;

I’m still in the ‘honeymoon’ period but genuinely can’t think of any bar the weight (but it’s nice and compact and I actually like to use heavier guns)  

conclusion;

Am I glad I bought it ? 100% yes ! would I buy another ? If yesterday was anything to go by I’d again say yes most definitely again , am actually looking at the rest of the range to see what catches my eye .

at the moment they only have AR type platforms but have said there planing to expand the range of models .

As a side note I was running Battleaxe 150rd P-mag mids I bought specifically for it and a review of them will follow .

cheers Druid . 

picture 1 is how it came and picture 2 is how I set it up .👍

AF9BB4E4-6CD3-438B-8B80-DE578DB56CFF.jpeg

37DF7117-BFDB-49C1-ADC8-BBE1AA4E10FE.jpeg

Edited by druid799
  • Like 3