Your favorite silenced pistols

Wingman

In my never ending quest for silenced pistols, I thought I'd see what you players are using on the field or just shooting in your range at home.

Currently I have the following:

TM Mk 23 (full kit).. The pistol had not seen use for a long time due to the magazines all loosing the ability told hold a seal due to mu constant use of Green Gas. However, after I found a number of new Y&P/KJW Mk 23 Green Gas capable magazines, It's getting some decent range time again. Still impressive with .25 BB's and still as quiet as when I bought it. Other than the magazines, the pistol is totally stock.

Marushin Assassins Ruger Mk1. I actually bought this off an owner from the USA on the the Arnies Website. Having not been able to locate one anywhere here for years, I made the buy and was extremely pleased with the pistol. It came with the original box and 2 working magazines and was in immaculate shape (not a scratch on it). Other than a slightly loose safety (it works but just doesnt snap tightly into position), the pistol continues to shoot very well and while having a much shorter barrel than the standard Mk1, I can still hit a tin baking pan at 100 feet, with .23's, almost all of the time. Was shooting it just today.

My latest project is taking the new H8R Mk2 Revolver and setting it up for a silencer. My reasoning for this is that there is zero barrel gap in the design and the seal from the gas valve to the revolvers 10 shot full moon clip/magazine is very very tight. The new hop-up is very effective on this new version and .20's hum out to 100+ feet with ease. The new fiber optic sights are excellent and are right on. I have two of these and my number one is currently sporting a RMR and an old Streamlight M3 light. The C02 power is consistant and I get over 70 shots before range performance starts to drop. I still feel this is the most "skirmish ready" revolver on the market.

I've not had any real luck with suppressing noise on GBB pistol, but will hold out hope that someone out there come up with something that can compete with any of these NBB's.

So, let me know whats in your arsenal, stock, modified or home built design. I'd like to hear about them and maybe get another good project idea.

I tried the ruger mkii, can't even remember what make. Looooong scratchy triggerpull, mags hard to find, hopunit is really wonky and no parts for it.

I think apart from the Tm mk23 your best bet is an aep with a mosfet and lipo. They're not nbb silent but quieter than a Gbb. The drawback were flimsy mags, I believe.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Lone_Bullet said:

I tried the ruger mkii, can't even remember what make. Looooong scratchy triggerpull, mags hard to find, hopunit is really wonky and no parts for it.

KJW? IIRC it's a clone-ish of Marushin

for OP's topic, TM Mk23 is probably the best without contest

My favorite 'silenced' pistol is the old KSC Steyr SPP. With the huge suppressor and the stock, it's borderline pistol anymore, and the fact that the metal tube is unfilled means it actually enhances the already nasty sound... Still remember how, in an indoor field team game, two of my teams mates sat down from shock when I opened up from behind them on the kid sneaking to flank them...

I always wanted a Maruzen P99 NBB kit but I've never been in a position to buy one when they've come back into stock anywhere, ended up with a TM Mk23 instead.

My favourite is the Tanio Koba USP .40 SD tactical, so much so I own 3 of them with 7 magazines and the matching Tanio Koba suppressor, not the best performing GBB out there but even with the polymer slide the fit and feel of it put most other GBBs to shame, the VFC FN FNX feels like a POS in comparison, it's also fairly quiet for a GBB pistol and has a non-tilting barrel so adding the suppressor doesn't wreck gas efficiency.

EDIT : Hnnnng image61.png

I find that the Ruger Mk1s expel far too  much gas for it to be silenced properly.  I have a KJW Ruger Mk1 carbine, cut down to 8" and threaded for a socom silencer and that thing is still noisier than my most quiet GBB.

I would say that, the most quiet silenced and feels good:

- GBBP is the WE Model 84.  With a silencer and rubber pads, the gun barely gets higher than 65db at 1m in front of muzzle.  As opposed to my WE PMM (with PM grips), that is far far noisier.

- GBBR is the KSC MP9 with a Rotex silencer that is baffled, the gun is rated around 68db at 1m in front of muzzle.

- NBB is a tie between the Marushin P99 and the TM Mk23, though the P99 wins in realistic weight.

Was experimenting with a WE Walther P38k/s yesterday. Really love this pistol as I'm a huge fan of the P38 and P5. No matter what foam filled silencer I used, I was not able to get much in the way of dulling the noise. However, it does "look" good and reminds of the one Roger Moore uses in the "The Wild Geese". Naturally, I had to watch the movie again.

Work on the H8R Revolver has started. Might have it done by the end of the week.

I might also try doing some work on my Non-Blowback 941 Baby Eagle. Shoots hard but is surprisingly quiet. Trigger is not that great though. Has a decent hop-up but its just so "light". We shall see.

I've not seen a NBB Marushin P99 kit in years. Would love to find a good one with a couple spare magazines.

7 hours ago, Wingman said:

[...]

I've not seen a NBB Marushin P99 kit in years. Would love to find a good one with a couple spare magazines.

Impulse101 has them available via special order. I would be tempted, but I'm currently elbows-deep in a pair of TM M870 projects.

Excellent movie reference, by the way. The Wild Geese is a classic.

A pistol I'd really like to check out is the heavily modified KJW (Ruger) Mk.IIs built by FOW. These have a billet upper receiver and a ton of internal modifications made by one of the most respected designers and manufacturers of SRS-A1 upgrades. They're supposedly as quiet and as accurate as an upgraded TM Mk.23, but a much more manageable size.

56242998_2475694589108681_48153644131185

On 8/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, ninja master of coffee said:

I had a go with a silenced Maruzen P99 recently. Excellent pistol, and a real shame they aren't more widely available. A quick question on the subject, has anyone tried one of these? https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/ls6904-nbb-w-silencer-ls?from=listing&campaign-id=20

Hej I got one. The silencer is , full plastic on the inside. The gun itself is a copy of an old (like really old!) WA nbb. Its hop less and doesn't shoot very well. Its a nice replica but performance wise its very lacking. Bought one with the thought of making it into an ASP like thing, but may take a long while til I get round to it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 3:42 AM, jv83 said:

Hej I got one. The silencer is , full plastic on the inside. The gun itself is a copy of an old (like really old!) WA nbb

Hang on, isn't that the old Taiwanese NBB, made by HFC or UHC, and just rebranded as "LS"? I do distinctly recall the VP70 GBB with some weird stock (not a holster-stock like the original) sold under the LS brand back in the day...

There are no markings regarding who made it either on the box or on the gun itself. Its from Taiwan all right, they also do a co2 version, think I saw it on kic Taiwan's site. Shops still sell items labeled as LS often the m92 with the loooong barrel and crazy looking stock. Sometimes its impossible to figure out about these companies and their connection. The only sure thing is that its a copy ,with small alterations, lik e the bobbed hammer, of an old WA nbb. Back in the day the LS version was labeled as made by KJ so who knows who really made it.🙂

a0229634_7382920.jpg

Archived