Non-Hanging Slings

Got Wood?

3 Point slung over the left arm.  3 point so I can use it as a 2, 3 or sling on my back if the AEG dies. Which is all the time.

Have you tried attaching the sling into a plate carrier? I used to use a quick sling attached to the stock when I wore a carrier, that way the weight is distributed through the vest.

Image attached shows the sling, T-Bar on the left goes through the D ring on the armour (or through a molle loop) and the other half fits to the rear sling loop.

osprey-armour-single-point-sling-molle-mtp-02.jpg

A padded 2 point sounds like it might be the way to go, though I'm not sure exactly what you have right now.

I've been using BFG Vickers for years, never had any complaints.  Magpul padded MS1 is very nice too.  Not tried the Ferro slingster but a lot of folks seem to enjoy it; there's tons of options in the same category really.

Thanks guys. Currently just the simple entry level Blackhawk single point. Hang it over the right shoulder so the gun can sit on my left and leave my right free to draw a sidearm.

Have seen the T style ones before but always felt this would try and pull your plate carrier off which isn’t a thing I’m keen on, since I like to use sidearms indoors (only need a 6mm round to drop someone!)

I second using two point slings. I find single point slings distribute weight oddly and don't really allow for different carrying positions, everything just hangs off the front and puts strain on the kneck and shoulder. Two point slings allow the to be more evenly distributed across the back, as well as slinging the rifle put of the way if needs be.

My favourite sling is a 'pseudo 3point 2 point' with the AK. It's a two point sling attached to the back of the receiver, and the back of the stock. Because even the front attachment there is towards the back of the gun you can get a fairly small loop for your body and it holds it securely without being tight. And it acts like a 3 point in some ways but with less annoyance and more versatility.
If your rear point is at the bottom of the stock, that goes under your dominant arm, and over your support arm so that when you're not using your rifle, you can slide it downwards and around to your back really smoothly and it will hang there without any extra pressure.

Archived