Possible Airsoft Ban in Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

Wingman

Started packing my gear up just in case this goes through. Apparently there is the chance that any Airsoft Pistol or rifle in the color of Black, Grey or Silver, made of metal, plastic or wood, will be banned in Massachusetts. All those other "good" colors will be required to have a 1 inch in diameter, non-removable orange muzzle and a 1 inch non-removable orange stripe that goes the length of the firearm. Some paintball guns may be involved as well. BB guns, while not mentioned directly, are probably next.

The only replicas allowed will be those used by TV and Movie productions and must provide proof of their use for just that purpose.

Failure to comply will mean confiscation of the airsoft pistol or rifle and the arrest of the person (s) in possession of the airsoft pistol or rifle. Possession here means that even if its not yours and you didnt even know it was there, but you were in the home property or in the vehicle, you are in possession!

This will effectively end all Airsoft in Massachusetts and most likely paintball as the pistol or rifle has to just "appear to look like" a firearm. NERF doesnt seem to be included at this time.

Thankfully, I am not too far away from the borders of 3 other states and have friends willing to store my gear.

As we were planning on getting out of this "hell hole" in 2 or 3 years (retiring and the kids will be gone), I own other property where this will not be a issue. I guess I should be considered  one of the lucky ones.

The question now is if you are traveling from one state to another and have to go through Massachusetts to play airsoft, can you be considered as in possession of an illegal airsoft Pistol or Rifle and arrested!?

Pray for us, as once something like this starts its hard to stop it from going on and on and on....

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts..House Docket No. 2938..filed: 1/17/2019..An Act Relative to Imitation Firearms..  House Bill # H2040... Basically they are changing the original wording of a law passed several years back (2014) by striking the wording current definition of a "imitation firearm" and adding all the new specific rules and as to what wont be allowed.

While I may not "initially lose" what I have, I cannot buy more, unless marked as I initially stated. Anything I currently own will not be allowed in public view (which they are saying can be my own back yard which is surrounded by woods. Wont be able to use my airsoft on my range, but I could use a hunting crossbow..makes sense doesnt it?

The most disturbing thing about this is that they were trying to pass the change in regulations without notifying the public of the referendum vote.

This is why I cant stand this state anymore. Its the sneaky, back stabbing moves that have become more common place. You cant get all the specific info on whats going to happen because no one is giving out detailed info.

There appears to be 2 state senators that are behind this.

Archived