Locked Glock slide

chas

Thanks for popping in.

I was cleaning my Army Glock 17 (I believe it's a 100% Marui clone) and when I put it back together, the slide wouldnt go forward. It passes the slide release button by a couple centimeters, but then it is completely blocked by something inside, and since I cant take the slide off, I cant see waht it is.

I think the slide may be resting on the hammer, because when I pull the trigger, the slide moves back a little.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

5 minutes ago, ardrummer292 said:

I had a similar issue years ago with my TM G17. I believe the culprit was the hammer sticking up too far, impeding the slide's movement. I seem to recall that replacing the stock hammer with a GunsModify zero hammer fixed the issue.

Yeah, the problem is, how do I replace the hammer if I can't take off the slide?

When this ever happens to me it’s the disconnect or. Look down the slide, barrel facing you. Pull back the slide as far as you can, and use a tiny screwdriver to push down on the disconnector (left side beside the nozzle) the slide should then come all the way forward. You’ll have to keep pushing it down as you bring the slide forward

Yeah.  I have this on a Guarder slide.  It seems to be able to travel back further than a stock slide and trips the trigger bar.  Requires something to push it down for it to clear the BBU.  Open happens when racked too far by hand though.  I guess I need buffers to stop the slide from being pulled back too far for this slide?

On 10/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, Got Wood? said:

When this ever happens to me it’s the disconnect or. Look down the slide, barrel facing you. Pull back the slide as far as you can, and use a tiny screwdriver to push down on the disconnector (left side beside the nozzle) the slide should then come all the way forward. You’ll have to keep pushing it down as you bring the slide forward

Cheers, mate! It worked.

Archived