G3K?

Gunmane

Only recently have I actually heard of/read up on this "carbine" version of the venerable G3, and I just had to go looking for any airsoft attempts on one.  Reading old archives led me to a few folks building their own using mixture of CA, G&G, TM, etc. parts, chiefly a CA33 front handgaurd section for the appropriate length.  Got me thinking, "why has no company making g3 models flat out made one?"  Considering CA made their "SAR M41" models with mp5 handguards, surely they might have conceived of doing it?  I'd like to think LCT could come out of the blue with one, but I won't hold my breath.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of folks here on whether this is something attractive to folks that already own g3 platforms.  I myself don't (mainly because I'm used to to version 3 gearboxes), but it appeals to me on some level.

Image shown is a conversion of a real g3 clone into a "K" facsimile.

G3K.jpg

CA has a pre-made one available in the discounted section of their webshop (classicarmyshop.com). That said, it's still based off a CA G3, so I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's 10 foot pole.

I'm considering building one based off the LCT G3A4. I know it'll take a good bit of machine work to get there, but I think it would be a helluva cool gun to have.

As usual, built one (TM and old CA body made of lead or something), never used it much, sold it, slightly regretted it. Standard.

Pictures on the H&K thread.

For me the length of pull was always just not quite right and I didn't fancy putting an M4 stock on it. I think it could make a decent base for a DMR though as a change from the usual. I'm sure LCT could build one fairly easily, but I'd rather see their MP5 first.

18 hours ago, ardrummer292 said:

CA has a pre-made one available in the discounted section of their webshop (classicarmyshop.com). That said, it's still based off a CA G3, so I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's 10 foot pole.

Link to aforementioned CA G3K:

http://classicarmyshop.com/special/ca-a4-short-barrel-cacc005.html

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Alphaknurd said:

If you want a really nasty build for a G3K project you need a PSG1 stock. 

Like this

https://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/police/co19-photo.php

I know gunfire.pl had some G3s that were between the full size and the dinky "SAS" version

Archived