Unknown M4 gbb mag

Greg Head

8 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Are you sure that's a Prowin?  It looks like a gen 1 GHK for WA platform.  What does it say on the base plate?  Should have GHK in big letters.

Yes it Prowin, on the bottom if the mag it says Prowin Technologies. I have two other mags that are grey colour but no makers name. One mag is complete the other has parts missing, all the mags have steel outer casings. 

That is very odd.  It looks nowhere near as refined as a Prowin.  The roll pin holding the innards in the shell etc screams GHK.  Can you knock out the roll pin and slide the shell off?  Maybe someone's put a Prowin base plate on a GHK.

For reference.

Prowin left, GHK right

KXjZ91s.jpg

PProwin right, GHK left

Eto0Cyb.jpg

PProwin right, GHK left

TOAV901.jpg

47 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

That is very odd.  It looks nowhere near as refined as a Prowin.  The roll pin holding the innards in the shell etc screams GHK.  Can you knock out the roll pin and slide the shell off?  Maybe someone's put a Prowin base plate on a GHK.

For reference.

Prowin left, GHK right

KXjZ91s.jpg

PProwin right, GHK left

Eto0Cyb.jpg

PProwin right, GHK left

TOAV901.jpg

I see what you mean, it does look like a ghk, oddly the base plate is the same colour as the shell. I would post more photos but it says they are to big. One of the grey mags has the baseplate missing revealing two tubes with screw plugs in tbe ends. The grey and black mags are identical apart from the colour and makers mark. 

16 minutes ago, Greg Head said:

I see what you mean, it does look like a ghk, oddly the base plate is the same colour as the shell. I would post more photos but it says they are to big. One of the grey mags has the baseplate missing revealing two tubes with screw plugs in tbe ends. The grey and black mags are identical apart from the colour and makers mark. 

That one is 100% GHK.

Link photos using Imgur.com

59 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

That one is 100% GHK.

Link photos using Imgur.com

Just removed the baseplates from all the mags, they're all the same with twin gas tubes, so you're right about the Prowin baseplate. Hopefully they will fit my G & P WOC. It does appear that some internal parts are missing/broken so I'll try and get spares. 

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Greg

4 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

G&P Pmags are decent from what I gather though I don't like that they're painted metal rather than a polymer shell.  You might want to look into GHK Gmags.  I gather they can be modded to work with WOCs.

I didn't realise the Pmags are painted metal, thought they were polymer, I'll have a look at the GHK Gmags, thanks for the info.

Archived