1:1 PEQ-2 replica?

ardrummer292

Hey all, I'm looking for a 1:1 scale AN/PEQ-2 replica. I know the G&P is the correct size, but paying 100+ USD for something I will never use is a tough sell. I bought a DBoys PEQ-2 battery box after hearing that they too were 1:1, but it turns out that they are noticeably wider than the G&P. Does anyone know of any other replicas that are close to the correct dimensions, or am I stuck shelling out big bucks for the G&P?

Edited to add:

It appears the DBoys and the VFC PEQ-2 battery boxes are the same size:

http://miairsoft.proboards.com/thread/28869/peq-2-vfc-alternative

I own a G&P AN/PEQ-2. Yes, they are expensive, but they are quite robust externally. Unfortunately, the laser on mine died after one event. Fortunately, they're not very complicated electrically, so I'm hoping to pop it open and re-solder whatever broke inside.

55 minutes ago, Gigueand said:

I own a G&P AN/PEQ-2. Yes, they are expensive, but they are quite robust externally. Unfortunately, the laser on mine died after one event. Fortunately, they're not very complicated electrically, so I'm hoping to pop it open and re-solder whatever broke inside.

I own two myself. I was hoping to avoid the expense of buying a third, especially since they tend to lose their functionality within a month.

I went through this same journey myself.

And unfortunately you've settled on what I found. The G&P is best, and the Dboys/VFC are identical - and both terribly inaccurate.

Comparison of Dboys:

As you have one you'll know, the best thing about G&P, is being able to see the front sight post!

Realise this doesn't really help, but if you are a stickler for accuracy, think you'll have to get another G&P 

Cheers,

Michael

7 hours ago, Delta_Knight said:

[snip]

Realise this doesn't really help, but if you are a stickler for accuracy, think you'll have to get another G&P 

Cheers,

Michael

It's a huge help, actually. Thank you!

It's not that I'm a stickler for accuracy, I just want the box to be approximately the correct dimensions. This is so:

- I can see my front sight, if mounted on my AR-variant rifle. I see you've experienced similar issues.

- It will physically fit the L7A2 GPMG side rail mount I have, which is constructed specifically for the PEQ-2.

In addition, I've got a couple buddies who are interested in building older rifle setups. I figured I'd do some poking around and see if there were less expensive PEQ-2 options out there.

1 hour ago, shmook said:

Not trying to be an *albartroth*, but if you already have 2, can you just not swap one around onto your gun of choice?

That's a fair question. I have accessories dedicated to each particular weapon, so that the paintjobs match. Fussy, I know, but the end result looks good.

Committing accessories to a weapon also means I can secure them the proper way. Zipties for PEQs and weapon lights, paracord for optics.

5 hours ago, ardrummer292 said:

That's a fair question. I have accessories dedicated to each particular weapon, so that the paintjobs match. Fussy, I know, but the end result looks good.

Committing accessories to a weapon also means I can secure them the proper way. Zipties for PEQs and weapon lights, paracord for optics.

Again, I wasn't trying to be an *albartroth*.

I was thinking 'if it's on a QR mount then there's no issue'.

I didn't consider paint jobs, realism etc!

No offense taken. :)

It's partially realism, and partially laziness. I want to have each gun set up and ready to go with no additional work needed (other than the inevitable charging of batteries and loading of mags). I also tend to loan my guns out quite a bit, so being able to hand off a fully kitted replica of [insert real-life equivalent] is nice.

Archived