What Would You Buy Right Now [AEG, PISTOL COMBO]

RealAirsoftUK

The reason I’m posting here is:

• Can anyone recommend to me some of the best airsoft rifles that are currently on the market?
  • Also, I’m looking for the a highly reliable sidearm airsoft pistol.

I have a decent setup as it stands, but I really want to refine it:

They don’t have to be stock either, in fact, I’d rather have to open up the airsoft firearms and tinker with the units. My budget for the pistol is around £375, although I may be able to budge slightly. For the rifle, I’d be looking to drop in the region of £400 - £475 for the stock unit, then another £200 - £300 for upgrades (which I will upgrade myself).

Here are the following setups I’d like to run:

Pathfinder / Sharpshooting Bolt Action Setup

DMR Sharpshooting Setup

GBBR Rifle Setup

AEG Rifle Setup

Pure Pistol Setup Stealth

Pure Pistol Setup Aggressive

My site allows the following:

• Bolt Action Rifles, Maximum FPS: 500 with a minimum engagement distance of 25 meters. 
  • DMR (AEG, allowing for follow up shots), Maximum FPS: 450 FPS, with a minimum engagement distance of 20 meters.
  • AEG Rifle, Maximum FPS: 400 on semi, no minimum engagement distances, 350 on full auto.
  • GBBR Rifle, Maximum FPS: 400, no minimum engagement distance.
  • Pistol, Maximum FPS: 375, no minimum engagement distances, use judgment when employing the bang rule, not compulsory.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Jon 

Here are my current airsoft loadouts (alot of these are borrowed to other users at the site and friends that I am introducing to the sport, that's why I have so many..):

Primaries

• PTS AR-15 GBBR
  • WE SCAR (open bolt) GBBR
  • VSR-10 G-SPEC (Drilled Outer Barrel) + 430m PDI 6.01 Tight Bore, Standard Hop-up, Standard Trigger, PDI VC Pistol Set
  • Stock Umarex H&K G28 AEG - RAL8000 DMR (Not Yet Arrived — Pre-order)
  • VFC VF16 (M145) [M4A1?]
  • VFC MP5 GBBR (Nice to look at, absolutely awful to use on the field)
  • Umarex MP5 A4 V2 AEG, Full Stock Version
  • Lonex M4 Sporty 14.5”
  • GHK G3 GBBR (+ DMR Conversion Kit)
  • ASG MAC-11 Stock + Mock Suppressor
  • ASG MAC-11 Metal Body with Upgrade Internals
  • (?) MP9A1 SMG
  • G&G Battleship SMG
  • KWC MINI UZI CO2 GBB AIRSOFT SMG
  • Umarex (VFC) HK 417 D V2
  • Umarex HK 416D GBBR

Secondaries

• TM MK23 Moded: Drilled Outer Barrel, Extended Inner Barrel (303mm, 6.03 Maple Leaf), Maple Leaf Bucking, Custom Drilled Picatinny Rail to mount a (shotgun) shell ejecting burst unit and a custom Japanese RMR mount + Leupold RMR.
  • TM G17 + WE TECH Hex *Ubar* Custom Slide, Custom Flared Mag well.
  • TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Gold Match (Stock)
  • TM Hi-Capa 5.1 D.O.R OPS (Stock)
  • KWC Desert Eagle (Black) — Stock
  • TM Desert Eagle (Chrome) — Stock
  • WE G23 + Extended Inner Barrel + Mock Silencer
  • VFC G19 (Stock)
  • VFC G42 (Stock)
  • WE Bulldog (Stock)
  • WE 1911 (Stock)
  • Cybergun FNX-45 (Not Yet Arrived), Vortex 3 MOA, FNX-45 Suppressor [I’m considering fitting a 6.03 inner barrel with a Maple Leap Bucking, Potentially a new Hop Unit, since from what I hear this gun is great due to the mixture of VFC and TM parts, making it upgradable in all the right places — However, I’d like some additional advice on this from anyone with experience using these pistols and upgrading them — I will willing to pay a reasonable fee for your time, £16.67 an hour with a maximum of three hours, essentially, I’ll willing to pay £50 for some help and advice to run through upgrading this to the point where it’s my new primary after my MK23).
  • I have an assortment of other pistols, but most are WE, or IPS; and whilst I dissed TM when I first started getting into Airsoft, I’m starting to see just how good their manufacturing / guns are. For anyone who is new to airsoft, I agree with Duncan (and the advice he gave me initially): go with WE, they’re great guns for the price tag. However, in my experience, they tend to let you down over time (Note: I do regularly lube, clean and take care of my airsoft guns). Also, I’ve measured the average range you get from a WE and when I’ve compared it to a TM, I’ve got to say I’m seriously impressed with the TMs ability to shoot at range straight out of the box IN SAME CASES. My Hi-Capa 5.1 Gold Match ALMOST shoots as far as my modded MK23 - wowzers!

Optics & Accessories:

• Legitimate Vortex RMRs
  • Legitimate Leupold RMRs
  • Fake Trigicon RMRs
  • Various Vortex Scopes (2-7x32) — However I’ve found the eye relief to be, not as good as I’d hoped.

BigAl is kind of right. However, I feel your pain (lol). My airsoft collection is fairly large and I do add to it often (probably too often). 

I have pretty much settled down to the following:

Handguns: RWA 1911 Knighthawk Custom CO2 (totally stock), Echo 1 Timberwolf Extreme (with Maple Leaf hop-up chamber and inner barrel, real steel Lone Wolf magwell, Tritium sights and Enforce weapon light) and lately an Elite Force H8R Gen 2 CO2 Revolver (uses 10 shot "full moon clips"), Micro Red Dot sight and TLR 1 weapon light..best skirmish revolver out there..$69.00!).

Rifle/Sub Gun: TM Sig 552 (totally stock), Echo 1 MP5k (totally stock)  and Echo 1 MP5 (totally stock).

Shotgun: Any of a number of springer tri-shot shotguns (relatively in-expensive and there are several good ones out there).

In looking over your list, you already have a really nice selection to choose from. I would pick a 2 or 3 from each catagory, up-grade or add anything (for fun) and go with it.

When I was heavily into real-steel IPSC and combat shooting competitions (where new toys were always being used), we had a saying: Fear the man who uses the same 1 handgun, 1 rifle and 1 shotgun all the time!

Its really down to how well do you know yourself and your weapons:

- What purpose.

- Your preferred mindset (strategic (MGs), distance (DMR/Boltie), momentum (assault), dynamic (CQB)).

- How you use it?  Training, fieldcraft proficiency and time for practice.

I have 50 guns in total: 15 Handguns, 6 SMGs, 4 PDWs, 3 Bolt actions,  7 MGs, and 15 carbines and assault rifles, all different makes and models.  So I can mix and match as I see fit.

But there are some general rules of airsoft I follow:

- Generally speaking all AEG and DMRs rifles are the same, MGs are different, and bolties/shotguns are for hunting people.

- No point in carrying a gun thats heavier than the real steel. But also, no point in carrying a gun thats less than half the weight of a real steel either, otherwise I would just play VR.

- In the games I play where ammunition is limited, GBB/AEGs rifles are just really big pistols with a little more range and a little more reach. 

- There is no point in aiming at anything greater than 40m with an AEG/GBB rifle.  While its possible to hit people beyond 50m, unless you have friends shooting in the same direction probability of hits drastically drops, beyond 30-40m, unless you have an MG/DMR and run 0.3g or higher.

- DMRs and MGs are just very heavy AEGs unless the teams move while you shoot.  So there isn't much point in carrying one unless you have a good team.

- DMRs and MGs work better with an assistant to find good spots and guide you onto target.

- Pistols are mostly for last ditch or indoors.  If you are fighting between indoors and outdoors, carry a small pistol because otherwise its carrying dead weight.  If as an indoor primary then go hi-capacity.

- Carry the smallest/lightest package for what you are trying to achieve as no point in carrying everything and the kitchen sink. e.g.

* Vehicle/CP work:  MP9/Skorpion.

* Team Leading: MP7/P90/M733 (staying out of the fight until you need to join in)

* CQB:  General SMG or PDW 

* FIBUA + outdoor:  General PDW to Carbine (5" - 10" barrels)

* Woodland patrols: Generally anything from 10"-18" barrels > 1.5 J

* Open country: Generally anything from 16" to 22" barrel. > 1.7 J

* MG: Any MG, with drum and w/ heavy rounds > 1.7J

* DMR:  Any AEG, accurised, w/ heavy rounds > 1.7J

- You are bound to get hit even with the military training/experience you have received, roles you take etc, so suck it up.

Archived