Stubby Car15

Got Wood?

Bit further behind with my build. Annoyingly changed just the motor grip and motor to the ARES slim one I had knocking around, and the FPS seems to have dropped by about 60, which I don’t really understand. Even if the motor was impacting the shimming this shouldn’t be a thing.

Will work on the front end before Christmas, working on my model is too thick to feed into the stock tube so will need to swap it out for thinner wiring.

Made some progress externally for now. The outer barrel I bought was complete garbage, no grooves for a hop unit, and too tight at the muzzle end to let an inner barrel pass through but I’ve sorted those issues. Hop unit I had to chop the arms off is notoriously so need to match it with a barrel it works with. Have a random aluminium one that I’ll chop for a proof of concept. CQBR barrel is ever so slightly too long, unless running the XM flash hider or my QD Suppressor, which I actually do like the look of.

When I get the handguards done I’m going to send a spare 2 piece KAC rail for the same treatment, just in case torches or lasers, etc. I think a PEQ-15 light laser on the top might actually look pretty decent.

Sorry for the phone pics.

ef49971903f98245acbc28fe0630c1aa.plist8525d0d91aa9b6faaebc239ce743b1f8.plist6e3045c41aa4ec304b9e8d158e229457.plistad7ad7f6e8892f3985d59dff66ae8ee2.plist

• 2 months later...

Archived