Old fat guy saying hello

Darkskythe

Just thought i would say hello and ask some questions if that's ok. As the title suggests, I am rapidly approaching 47 and overweight (6 foot tall and 16 stone). Haave been thinking of picking up an air rifle and finding a shooting range for a couple of years but, as fun as that could be, i don't think it is something i could see myself doing long-term. I used to work with a guy who was into paintballing in a big way but that looks a bit too fast-paced and frantic (and messy) for my unfit butt. Purely by fluke, i was watching some air rifle and paintball videos on youtube and a suggested video came up mentioning airsoft, that was literally the first time i had heard about this. I had a quick look and it just ticks all the boxes for something i'd like to maybe give a try. Is 47 considered 'too old' to start playing or are there a number of people around this age who play ? Would not want to turn up at a site and be old enough to be everyone's father there so thought i would check to see if this is something older people take part in.

I am living in Witney (near Oxford) and having a quick search it looks like there are some sites reasonably close.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and (if im not too old) looking forward to spending some time reading through the forums and getting to start playing.

Welcome.  Never too old for airsoft bud.  People of all ages play.

Oxford is a bit empty of airsoft sites for some reason so you'd probably have to go to somewhere like The Outpost or Skirmish Wycombe.

Check out this map to see what's near you.

https://airsoftranch.com/uk-airsoft-map/

On 11/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, Darkskythe said:

Thanks, good to know you're never too old. Also, thanks for the map link, had a look and there are few within 1 - 1.5 hours from here which is not too bad. Will have to enquire to see if any of them tend to have more older players.

47 is definitely not old, from an airsofting point of view - my suggestion, book a day at a site that sounds good and just rock up! People are normally really friendly, you should feel welcome.

Archived