Glove recommendations

Hatchet

Having taken one too many rounds to the fingers, I'm looking for options for a new pair of gloves.

Currently I'm running a pair of Hatch Operator Hard Knuckle which have lasted me for a few years now and probably will last a few more. The issue I'm having is that I'm taking shots to the outside of the fingers that's giving bone bruising (hard lump bruises that take months to go - if they go). As such I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for something with a bit more padding. There are plenty that have knuckle protection but less that are specifically on the fingers.

Currently it looks like the Mechanix Mpact or Mpact 3 might do the job. Obviously I'm also looking for something that retains sufficient dexterity for mag changes and digging equipment out of pouches, so huge armoured motorcycle/prison riot gloves aren't really what I'm after.

Any ideas?

If impacts from bb's are taking months to disappear - or not going away at all - I would be seeking medical advice...

Gloves such as mechanix M pacts will help, but I've had 500fps shots to the bare hand at point blank (don't ask, was a long time ago in a safe zone and I almost made him eat his sniper rifle...) And that drew blood but was fine after a week or so.

I really do suggest getting it looked at.

As above. Whilst it might be nothing major, eg some medications can make you bruise like a peach and small cuts bleed more, it's worth getting checked out

To answer your question, I've used something like these (mine were the half finger version).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Full-Paintball-Mountain-Scooter-Airsoft/dp/B00JC5IMUE

I'm using Armoured Claw gloves. 

Goat leather palm, touch screen compatible thumb and index finger and kevlar back.  Armoured knuckle, but you can take the hard shell out if you dont want it. Very good gloves in my opinion.

Bought them from gunfire.pl and split the postage with a mate. They ended up at about 18 quid iirc.

Edit for link: 

https://gunfire.com/en/products/armored-claw-smart-flex-tactical-gloves-black-1152213945.html

On 11/25/2019 at 1:44 AM, shmook said:

If impacts from bb's are taking months to disappear - or not going away at all - I would be seeking medical advice...

Gloves such as mechanix M pacts will help, but I've had 500fps shots to the bare hand at point blank (don't ask, was a long time ago in a safe zone and I almost made him eat his sniper rifle...) And that drew blood but was fine after a week or so.

I really do suggest getting it looked at.

Thanks for the suggestions, both glove wise and medical.  I did actually do this and was told by my GP (who's generally pretty good) that this was just a thing that can happen after impacts like this - I was concerned about fractures. I should point out this just seems to be for impacts to the less padded bonier outside of the fingers, not the palm side (it also hasn't happened so far with impacts to other places). I'm guessing it's just unfortunate combination of location, distance (these have all been relatively close) and age catching up with me. "but these days I'm collecting scars that don't seem to fade, cuts and bruises that won't go away".

This is only the second time it's happened, but it's annoying enough that I'd rather fork out for some new gloves than spend time being annoyed at bruises.

Cannonfodder - if I were doing just CQB I might go for something like that (or the Mechanix Breacher), since those are the impact areas I'm talking about, but they're a bit on the chunky side.

Scorch - Any padding in the fingers rather than just knuckle?

In the meantime, I shall drink more milk and try to get shot less... :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, Murdoc said:

Hi there!

Any advice on fingerless gloves? The most durable (I mean "indestructable") I want!

Thanx!

CamelBak Heat Grip gloves are ultra durable. I don't believe they come in fingerless, but that's nothing a pair of scissors and bit of stitching can't fix.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:07 PM, ardrummer292 said:

CamelBak Heat Grip gloves are ultra durable. I don't believe they come in fingerless, but that's nothing a pair of scissors and bit of stitching can't fix.

Most places "discontinued"... 🙄

It has similar palm material like Mechanix gloves (not the M-pact, but the full soft one)?

https://www.waragod.hu/mechanix-original-taktikai-kesztyu-fekete/?g&gclid=CjwKCAjwyo36BRAXEiwA24CwGezQTYTx6f8ASgXxuTnppCN1g5_8DKWPuZlKLyw7HbOm21oJUCvK9BoCT1AQAvD_BwE

• 5 weeks later...

I just got a pair of MAGPUL Technical Glove 2.0 and I really like them a lot. Really nice fit, material feels great and the palm conforms nicely even when closing my hand. Not like, it's glued on, but more so than other gloves I have. Which is a big plus, so you don't get that weird bulge in your palm when gripping stuff. Only just tried them on for 5-10 minutes and manipulated my APS 870 SAI shotgun (because the stippling hurts my sensetive hands 😛 ) and they felt great. Good price. I have the Mechanix gloves also (standard model, forget the name), and the MAGPUL gloves felt way better IMO.

You could say, they fit like a glove 😛

https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/accessories/gloves/technicalglove2-0.html?mp_global_size=82

• 6 months later...

Yep, I used to go through a pair of Hatch gloves per year but the Ironsights have been holding up really well. I also really like the palm side "sticky patches". Gives you a really good grip on both metal, plastic and wood and retains it even when wet. Being silicone(or similar rubber material), they naturally wear out, but not as quickly as one would think.

Archived