GHK x Umarex Glock 17

blobface

I'm very curious to the manner that GHK designed this - I wonder if its "We want a steel slide, how do we make it work properly" or "TM isn't very efficient how do we make it better".

If this works well (the reviews will be interesting) I wonder how long before others copy the design.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day people like WE ,VFC, KJW etc "copy" their design by creating other guns to never use an internal BBU again will be the day I consider GHK having "changed the game", I'm less interested in how many people will buy this as full steel is still relatively niche, but there's little reason why pot metal guns can't also use system similar to this, bye to internal BBUs, hello to slides acting as BCGs...! 

On 1/2/2020 at 3:03 AM, Got Wood? said:

And yet you can pick up a skirmishable GBB Glock for £150.

As good a price as it is, you have to look at it alongside what’s out there and see how it stacks up to someone who is new and doesn’t care what it’s made out of.

If it came in at the same price, then it would be a no brainier, and then it might be revolutionary

Ok, you can buy cheap golf clubs that work ok, but you can buy more expensive golf clubs that will perform better.  

VFC are great for the money but if you want something better made with better Materials and More durable then ATM the only option is a guarded created glock which you have to build yourself at a cost. 

GHK are offering what seems to be a glock made with proper materials and an improved design that will increase performance and increased realism that will appeal to collectors and people that are more serious about the sport of airsoft. 

I myself am only into “premium products” and don’t care much for airsoft guns made from cheap materials and poor build quality. And I am very exited to see a reputable company like GHK give us airsoft consumers a choice for a more premium product that is mass produced. 

On 12/16/2019 at 8:58 PM, blobface said:

wish they'd gone with back charging inlet valve instead of bottom, like the VFC FNX45 (I'm sure there are more like that but can't think of any of the top of my head)... the ability to take RS floor plates / mag extension without the need to remove them every time to recharge gas is great. 

Yeah that's an unfortunate decision, fill valve at the back of the mag below the output valve is the best place. Quite surprising since GHK usually does that (AK, M4, AUG, 553/551) rather than putting them at the bottom.

On 1/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

Perhaps their hand was forced due to the construction of the mag?

It's been done before on pistol mags, not an issue. I think they just went with the status quo.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:21 AM, renegadecow said:

Doesn't a back oriented fill valve limit the amount of liquid you can get in a mag (especially narrower pistol mags) vs bottom oriented?

I don't see how it would. However the fill valve on the bottom does make it a bit more comfortable/easier to hold when filling.

13 hours ago, PPM05 said:

I don't see how it would. However the fill valve on the bottom does make it a bit more comfortable/easier to hold when filling.

You get a larger air pocket with the back oriented since liquid only fills to the end of the full valve. Same as how mags with long fill valves will hold less vs one with short ones. 

I have some doubts as to how much more efficient ghk's idea of using a rifle style bbu will be. Mostly because I did that same thing a few years back with my own pistol design, which has a thread in the projects forum here. (KPS-01 if anyone cares)

I didn't do it on my design because it was super efficient, it was just easier to machine. And I suspect thats pretty much why ghk are doing it too. (Granted my design did have a separate block in the back because I wanted to use rectangle tubing). It did turn out to be a bit more hard kicking then the kwa 1911 that it used a magazine from, but it wasnt like, way more efficient. Mayyyybe you could get like 10 more shots per fill on a good day, so at least you could fire the whole mag unlike a normal kwa. But then again my design had a slide travel of over 2 inches which was a bit excessive.

In either case I doubt that the ghk will be much better then the average tm clone, aside from external build. I've done a bunch more custom, from scratch builds since then and really I haven't noticed much difference between internal piston designs and external chamber designs in terms of efficiency or power. In fact I would say that longer rifle type external chamber designs tend to use more gas to operate and are best suited for guns that have longer bolt travel, because you need the extra push. So it wouldn't really work as good as an internal piston when you only need a short slide travel.

Just my two cents though. Id actually like it if I were wrong and the ghk Glock is super efficient, cause then I could see what they did and reverse engineer it. Hah.

I really should post some threads on my newer projects tho.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, icolater said:

Hey Brigg, that’s really interesting, I’ll defo look up your work soon. Wonder if bbu design would favour co2 more. I read some were that co2 expands much more then green gas. 

LOL @ quoting myself but I was talking to a friend who is an airsoft tech that recons the larger nozzle will only work if the valve in the mags are high flow and allow more gas to be released in to the vacant space the larger nozzle offers. That’s why the valves in the photos look like GBBr valves. 

This is also probably why Brigg never experienced greater performance when he designed his gbb with the larger valves. Brigg just used a stock KWA mag which is designed to allow enough gas to operate standard sized valves. 

Was expecting this at shot 2020 but unfortunately it was no where to be seen. Does anyone here have any additional info or realese date. Im literally as excited for this as I was for the KWA vector GBB (which is perfect IMO) and can’t *fruitcage* wait for these to be released. 

On 1/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, icolater said:

Was expecting this at shot 2020 but unfortunately it was no where to be seen. Does anyone here have any additional info or realese date. Im literally as excited for this as I was for the KWA vector GBB (which is perfect IMO) and can’t *fruitcage* wait for these to be released. 

There will be more news at IWA . Shot Show is actually **** for airsoft releases aside from US rebrands usually 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 8:14 PM, Got Wood? said:

Sorry, may have come across a bit grumpy, I am looking forward to this. I just don’t think it’s going to push all other Glocks out of the market, that’s all :)

It not meant to its, aimed at LE and Military that will order a few hundred maybe thousand at a time for training.  The airsoft sales to serious collectors will just be a bonus.

It not meant to its, aimed at LE and Military that will order a few hundred maybe thousand at a time for training.  The airsoft sales to serious collectors will just be a bonus.

I always wondered about this, you hear this often but I have never heard of any official instance that used airsoft replica's for training (in an official, or large scale, way).

Would love to read some real life cases default_smile.png

3 hours ago, LJ.NL said:

I always wondered about this, you hear this often but I have never heard of any official instance that used airsoft replica's for training (in an official, or large scale, way).

Would love to read some real life cases default_smile.png

Korean Armed Forces and the DBLS REcoil Gun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived