GHK x Umarex Glock 17

blobface

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It boggles my mind how the went out of their way to provide the most realistic Glock replica out there... then decided to make their magazines ridiculously light weight. I mean, at $500 their market will be mostly for training, what's the point of having 130g mags? 
Anyway, here's a sort of review from 4uad, these things seem to pack a punch when it comes to recoil

4uad is easily my favourite airsoft channel right now, their video on the GHK M4 was amazing too. This is definitely the classic case of can't please everyone, I agree with you about the 130g mag, odd choice and probably took work to get it so light, usually GBB mags are too heavy, rarely too light, a real one is about 80g empty and 290g loaded, will have to experiment with how to increase the weight a little if the whole gun comes underweight. 

Watchingthat video it seems they have delivered on what was promised, even if it is a bit more expensive.  Then again the price hike is probably down to what has been / is happening around the world.  Look forward to geting my hands on one of these andhope perhaps they will do a 1911 in future.

I looked at the official Glock website where they list the weight of the gun in different configurations; 

Without magazine: 625 g | 22.05 oz
With empty magazine: 705 g | 24.87 oz
With loaded magazine: 915 g | 32.28 oz

Deduced empty magazine weight: 210 g (915-705 ? :o EDIT: No, you idiot!)

EDIT: Well I suck at thinking and doing math, brain is tired. The correct answer is 80g (gun without magazine (625 g) vs gun with empty magazine (705 g)).

Source: https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g17

On 9/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, icolater said:

Think empty glock mags are even lighter then 130g. 

Meaning the whole thing. GHK 660g vs real 630g. While something like a WE is around 800g which is like it was loaded.

FWIW Tiger111 has a pic of the mag from below and I was right: sheet metal case with a cylindrical pressure chamber inside. So in theory you can cram the corners with molten lead or something and get maybe another 100g in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived