Northeast Mini and full sized Uzi GBB

hitmanNo2

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 5:19 AM, BigAl said:

OMG Uzi’s Bren 10 from WE ( everything can’t be perfect) and a 416 from DBLS, this could be one very expensive year  

BigAl, the Bren is fake news. I know because I'm the one who faked it, didn't mean for it to be construed as an actual project, just wanted to poke WE into making one! Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I would rather have a green gas UZI. 

I already have a closed bolt KWC Mini UZI which annoys me a bit that it isn't skirmish practical.  For most green gas GBBs one wants the ability to fire half a mag of BBs during an engagement, and then top up BBs and gas ready for the next engagement.  But with CO2 you can't, as you have a partially gassed mag which won't fire the rest of the BBs if you go for a top up.

Also CO2 mags only lasts at best 1.5 charge per mag and the overhanging bolt and spring tension isn't really that heavy.   WE Thompsons, M4s and AKs have larger and heavier bolts than the KWC UZI yet still able to fire far more shots per magazine.

Actually I would rather have a green gas UZI. 
I already have a closed bolt KWC Mini UZI which annoys me a bit that it isn't skirmish practical.  For most green gas GBBs one wants the ability to fire half a mag of BBs during an engagement, and then top up BBs and gas ready for the next engagement.  But with CO2 you can't, as you have a partially gassed mag which won't fire the rest of the BBs if you go for a top up.

What you want is a DevilHuntered UZI, which incidentally is exactly what I have in progress. Waiting for my adapters to be counterbored and we should be good to go.

I am a bit behind the times, I thought the DH mod was converting a GHK magazine to take CO2 capsule?  Since the Mini UZI is already a CO2 gun, is the DH mod a bit defunct?

Unless you are talking about modifying a standard green gas magazine to fill and use liquid CO2 via an injector adaptor for a CO2 bottle (not running a remote line).

I have seen DH mods with CO2 capsules, but yes capsules take up space and are prone to cool down just as much as green gas.

Any recommendations around whats a good gas injector unit working off a CO2 bottle?  And how much more efficiency do you get out of a magazine (using say a GHK M4 as a base model).

Depending on the price, the full sized UZI would make a great addition to my collection.

For the last 12 years I have been running exclusively ol'school IDF shirt and pants, A11 ephrod, M16A1/CAR15 Mekutzrar/Galil ARM/MAG58/Mini UZI.  Only thing I don't have is a Tavor (sold 3 AEG ones), a micro UZI (Sold my Maruzen with a folding stock), and a full sized skirmishable UZI (sold 2 AEG ones), a pair of red IDF boots, and an M1 helmet (which I despise as I spent far too long in one back in the day).  

Unless you are talking about modifying a standard green gas magazine to fill and use liquid CO2 via an injector adaptor for a CO2 bottle (not running a remote line).

That’s exactly what I’m talking about.

The DevilHunter mod is specifically modifying GHK magazines to do that, but the principle works on other magazines too.
On 3/10/2020 at 3:17 AM, sandstorm said:

What I would like, actually, is a civi model carbine with the wooden stock and 16" barrel, just to be really different. 

A friend had the real steel, and it sure drew attention at the range. 

The wood stock was actually the original configuration of the Uzi. It isn't as well-known as the underfolder, and obviously isn't as compact (although it can be removed for transport), but it's a better (shorter) LOP and MUCH better cheek weld. 16" would be a civilian-only thing though.

I built an Uzi SBR from a parts kit and receiver flat so I'm pretty much obligated to buy the Northeast version when it comes out. I've only heard good things about the Sten.

YbxSKN7.jpg

• 11 months later...

I apologize for resurrecting this thread a year later without any earth-shattering news, but I reached out to Northeast to ask when they plan to release and got this:

Hi there, it’s on schedule, thanks for asking. We plan to release in the summer time when the weather is hotter and we will have better selling GBb as well.

And hope the pandemic is gone then

So hopefully not too much longer now.

Archived