Action Army Ruger MK IV GBB pistol

NonEx

With all the news being posted I am not seeing anything about this.

Action Army Ruger MK IV GBB pistol :o

Looks decent enough. Not my favorite styled Ruger version but it will do. Hopefully they release different styled version and/or conversion kits etc.

Also appears to be a Glock-ish internal design judging from the magazine and trigger.

TM VSR hop up style as per Facebook comment response from Action Army.

But yeah, GBB Ruger MK IV is pretty nice :D

Seems according to the info in the link below it will be released around March 2020 during IWA show in Germany.

D'oh! Internal select fire switch under the BBU 😐 Oh well.

img-9046-8308819fba3d79181d0dd7cbefa8cb3

Polish airsoft site preview.

Original (Polish): https://wmasg.com/pl/articles/view/9820?fbclid=IwAR0mqYmzruPBJ-fOfV7d2yQjVJgujNUh5pDoQSYC1kF_Cgix--UNPI_LAs0

Google Translate (English): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwmasg.com%2Fpl%2Farticles%2Fview%2F9820%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0mqYmzruPBJ-fOfV7d2yQjVJgujNUh5pDoQSYC1kF_Cgix--UNPI_LAs0

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wingman said:

And here I  was just getting my order for KJW MkI up-grade parts from Shapeways ready to go.

This Action Army version of a Ruger .22 look-a-like appears to be very nicely done and I look forward to its availability. This is long overdue.

I got a 3d printer from Aldi about a week ago, been printing airsoft parts ever since, MK1 "assassin" railed and plain adapters came out ok. I've got a receiver/barrel set waiting to print!

All downloaded from Thingiverse but hopefully designing my own stuff once I get the hang of Tinkercad.

I posted the AA MK IV to the MK1 Facebook group I run, lots of very excited people.

AA also confirmed that it will take vsr hop rubbers.

Jim

Screenshot_20191213_232707.jpg

10 hours ago, Brigg said:

.... Why does it take glock mags?

Actually, I'm OK with that. A proper magazine for this pistol would be extremely thin and I expect gas and BB capacity would really limited.

It also helps that I already have 20+ G17 magazines (lol). The background picture also has one of those drum magazines in it. That would be insane (in a good way). Rig a shoulder stock and a RMR mount and it could be fun, fun, fun.

If it proves to be a quality piece, I will just have to get it.

Oh yeah, I will be getting one for sure! Been looking at the KJW one for years but never got one because I don't like the old school design of it and also NBB feels meh to me 😛 

By the way. Didn't Action Army release a sniper rifle some time ago, or at least a bunch of kits and mod parts for a sniper rifle? Hopefully they go the same route with this pistol :D

I was (am) very on-board with a GBB Ruger Mk.IV, but those AAs aren't in the Ruger family tree - they're not even in the same forest. I can understand why they made them this way but I'll pass; my dreams of a GBB Amphibian II will have to wait a bit yet...

Msb13DX.jpg

59 minutes ago, NonEx said:

Didn't Action Army release a sniper rifle some time ago, or at least a bunch of kits and mod parts for a sniper rifle?

AA make enormous amounts of parts for a few different BASR platforms (Ares AS-01, CA M24, Marui VSR-10, L96 and M40A5, Maruzen Type 96, Tanaka M700) and a few of their own guns. They make the T-10 and T11 (both VSR-10-based) and the AAC01 and AAC21 (Tanaka M700-based).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, garry said:

I don't know much about AA tbh - are they generally any good?

They're very well-regarded; in particular, their VSR-10 hop-up is generally considered to be the best in a very competitive space.

They've never made a GBB before, so it may be that their current reputation doesn't really tell us very much about the upcoming product.

16 hours ago, PureSilver said:

They're very well-regarded; in particular, their VSR-10 hop-up is generally considered to be the best in a very competitive space.

They've never made a GBB before, so it may be that their current reputation doesn't really tell us very much about the upcoming product.

Thanks for the info buddy.....:D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like April release is pretty much locked in as Action Army and distributors and retailers are citing it on Facebook.

Airsoft Taiwan has a placeholder page for it on their shop with a list price of $80 USD!

https://ast-gun.airsofttaiwan.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&category_id=58&manufacturer_id=1156&product_id=2855&fbclid=IwAR3epwZ35kRRCjtt95AIoDHcJoFhEVAQIvfIwy5ota6oWj5_IPLx7yGRs-M

2 hours ago, NonEx said:

Looks like April release is pretty much locked in as Action Army and distributors and retailers are citing it on Facebook.

Airsoft Taiwan has a placeholder page for it on their shop with a list price of $80 USD!

https://ast-gun.airsofttaiwan.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&category_id=58&manufacturer_id=1156&product_id=2855&fbclid=IwAR3epwZ35kRRCjtt95AIoDHcJoFhEVAQIvfIwy5ota6oWj5_IPLx7yGRs-M

At that price you can't NOT dual wield lol.

Archived