Action Army Ruger MK IV GBB pistol

NonEx

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Wingman said:

Selective fire too?! This could be really good. I can see so many fantasy/sci-fi set ups. And would you look at that, they made a stock for it. Too good to be true.

I'm dubious about the selective fire feature, there isn't an obvious fire selector, unless it's on the safety but that seems like it would be awkward and ambiguous as to which fire mode you had selected. Also, it doesn't mention semi/full auto anywhere, just red for fire (I assume). 

Here are some pics of the full-auto switch. I am not a fan of that myself just because I don't want full auto and having that mechanism crammed in to the slide and BBU is like asking for unnecessary wear and parts breaking. But I do have some faith in Action Army in making sure it is not a huge problem.

And it's a lot better to have it on the underside of the slide rather than a switch on the outside or one of the controls having a dual functionality.

jEzQobY.png

23 hours ago, NonEx said:

Here are some pics of the full-auto switch. I am not a fan of that myself just because I don't want full auto and having that mechanism crammed in to the slide and BBU is like asking for unnecessary wear and parts breaking. 

It's not a massive issue on a G18C, and this switch looks to be smaller and lighter than the one on those. Shouldn't be a problem.

There's 6 already on preorder for my team, mine being one. I can't see the rest of my guys being far behind if they're as good as they look.

Switches for fire mode selector... I've got an old WA Infinity ProKiller II, which had safety on left side and fire mode slector on right side when looking at a target... It didn't have much trouble with the fire modes.... But when it did, it occasionally slipped from semi to full-auto when the selector was accidentally touched.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2020 at 8:22 AM, number47 said:

While searching places to pre-order this other than WGC (bad history), I came across a short video of the gun being tested with all Marui type mags.  On the table was Marui, WE (plus CO2), KJW and Umarex. Very encouraging for those of us that have multiple glock types.

Number 47

Unfortunately they also say that to use TM Mags you have to replace the gas router with a WE style one.

I only have TM mags for my TM G17 so changing routers back and forth is going to be a pain when I swap between guns.

11 hours ago, gisburn20 said:

Unfortunately they also say that to use TM Mags you have to replace the gas router with a WE style one.

I only have TM mags for my TM G17 so changing routers back and forth is going to be a pain when I swap between guns.

Couldn't you reverse that and swap the loading nozzle to a curved design?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I shouldn't talk down yet as this could be as close as we get to a GBB Ruger. But this looks like a very complex and janky design. If it was a scaled up MKIII, that of might pulled off the look better with a smaller ejection port (Maybe not .22lr, but something more like .380). IMO, the MKIV is hideous to begin with, and this looks hilariously like a joke. Plus full-auto? Eh, I'll stick with my KJ.

I'm not knocking it just yet, as it might pan out with more cool stuff and upgrades to make it a more attractive choice. But, it's the opposite in every way from what I want from a Ruger MK. 

Archived