NonEx

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So once again I cant seem to find any of these for sale in the USA for months. So I order all the parts from Shapeways 3D printing to set up my KJW Mk1 to look more tacti-cool. They look amazing and I know the quality is excellent due to previous parts I've ordered for the PPQ and Hi-Cappa. This was 2 days ago!

Naturally, today a airsoft retailer in the USA got them in! Ordered one of each color and then a pile of accessories from, your neck of the woods, Airsoft World Ltd. (hopefully they actually get here as overseas mail has been "hit or miss").

Cant believe it. 

On 5/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, Wingmann said:

They did a poll in Facebook recently, asking about two very similar types of slides.

There receivers not slides, the AA like the Ruger has a bolt and receiver like a rifle rather than a slide.  The images show a monolithic barrel/receiver setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my 2 this weekend (black and tan)..I dolled up the black one with a M16 flash hider, the red-dot mount w/ co-wittness height sights and the lower rail is carrying a TLR 2 until my new Inforce "Wild Two" shows up. Very "Mandalorian" looking (lol).

Put about 20 magazines worth the BB's through it and function was quite good. It does take awhile for the hop-up to start working. Mine seems to like the .25's the best. Range is adequate (I only have 90 feet max to shoot at targets).. 50 feet had them grouping very well. Trigger was very good with a clean let off and short re-set.

My only problem was one of the magazines that came with the pistol lost the "O Ring" for the gas feed valve after about the 10th magazine fill..   It was easily re-set and is working fine. My WE and KJW magazines worked flawlessly. Did not try the TM's yet.

Overall, I liked it so much that I ordered another Black one. Thinking about the stock and suppressor next.

Very, very simple to disassemble. These are going to be fun!

Has anyone who uses one of these noticed that there isnt any rattle when you shake these things? Nothing.. It's really a solid piece. It would really be interesting if Tokyo Marui used this same material (feels like its nylon based). They would feel less "plastic", be more durable and you wouldnt have to spend a bunch of cash to up-grade to metal all the time. Would certainly take a beating on the field better. A Desert Eagle made out of this would be pretty nice.

Now, who starts making kydex holsters for these things?

I'm actually contacting someone who's done this type of work on many types of real-steel firearms and he seemed interested. I'm hoping he can come up with something that will allow me to use the pistol with the new Inforce Wild 2 light that appears to be on the way and the RMR set up with co-witness sights.

There is a CTM 3D Printed Holster out there but apparently not available to the USA yet. It's sort of like the minimalist holster for the Mk23 by Novritch. It will even hold the pistol when it has the folding stock, weapon light and suppressor/tracer unit on it. Might be a good set up for a snipers secondary.

I'm also trying to find some Black thread protectors to replace the Blaze Orange ones that come with the pistols sold over here. They also paint the 14mm threads on the barrel as well. Both can be resolved with paint but I always like to keep the orange ones in case I'm shooting at some other location where it could be required.

Third pistol arrived today and I'm thinking of just leaving this one stock. (I'll give that thought 24 hours to last)

• 2 weeks later...

Have put over 500 BB's through one of my AAP-01 pistols and it is still running like a champ with no issues to speak of. The Folding Stock is to arrive next week and then I think I'm pretty much done with the add on options. However, I have also added a Inforce Wild 2 light.

I did find that the pistol, with lower rail attached (but nothing on the rail) fits very nicely in a Galco A18 leather and lined holster that I used for many years when I was carrying my G17 real steel pistol (now using a kydex). Does not work with the upper rail attached. The open end of the holster allows the longer barrel to protrude but still holds the pistol quite tightly. Not perfect, but it will do for now.

Folding Stock arrived and installed in less than 10 minutes. Some things to remember during and after the installation: (naturally there are no instructions)

1.) The screw that comes holding the upper rail on the folding stock is longer than the screws that hold the original fiber optic sight to the pistol. Do not mix them up as, if the longer screw is used when you secure the stock to the pistol,(where the original fiber optic rear sight was), you will in fact lock the bolt closed and possibly damage the bolt should you try cocking the pistol.

2.) With the stock attached, you no longer have the ability to "break open" the pistol. You must remove the upper rail piece in order to do that. Not overly convenient, but not a game changer.

3.) Wonder of wonders, if you keep the standard outer barrel w/rail on the pistol or replace it with the "short threaded barrel adapter" and apply a suppressor or tracer unit that is no longer than the original outer barrel, the pistol with the stock attached, fits perfectly in the UM84 holster (with the holster cover flap removed) nice and tight. It is easy to insert and remove the pistol as the folded stock appears to provide enough friction to keep the pistol totally secure. There is no movement of the pistol when in the holster. Even when forcibly shaken while upside down. Makes it a good choice for a sniper secondary.

4.) Installed a Micro-Red Dot on the stocks short rail. I'm working on a way to install some secondary fixed sights that will still allow the use of the holster.

5.) The stock itself appears to be a very solid piece of gear. It is quick to get into action and then collapse for re-holstering. Extending and collapsing the length of the stock is also easy and secure.

6.) With the stock attached you will lose access to the slide release on the right side of the pistol. Again, not a game changer.

Hope this has been helpful.

• 1 month later...

Octagon Airsoft now offers six different outer barrels and two body kits for the AAP01.

https://www.facebook.com/OctagonAirsoftHobbies/posts/2987946371306538

https://www.facebook.com/OctagonAirsoftHobbies/posts/2987947681306407

The SMG bodykit looks absolutely insane. The Wildey/Automag barrel is pretty cool too.

Archived