Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_West

Airsoft Glock Flux Brace clone, stop the presses!

Recommended Posts

I feel a bit bad for Flux here. They made the effort (and barely anyone does) to actually make airsoft products themselves - it seems a bit churlish to buy a clone instead. That said at basically twice the price for what is a complete gimmick I can understand why people won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PureSilver said:

I feel a bit bad for Flux here. They made the effort (and barely anyone does) to actually make airsoft products themselves - it seems a bit churlish to buy a clone instead. That said at basically twice the price for what is a complete gimmick I can understand why people won't.

ITAR.png.4ee7759f5dbbabfb34fee956e3526a3e.png

I'm sorry, which part of "WE DO NOT SELL OR SHIP OUTSIDE THE USA" you don't understand?

It's not about the price, it's about the absolutely laughable arbitrary unavailability. You basically cannot buy any firearm accessories made in the USA thanks to military-industrial complex's *rickroll* waving, nothing else.

And if you want to convince me otherwise, my reply is one word:

TITLEIST.

Edited by Mike_West

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mike_West said:

ITAR.png.4ee7759f5dbbabfb34fee956e3526a3e.png

I'm sorry, which part of "WE DO NOT SELL OR SHIP OUTSIDE THE USA" you don't understand?

It might be more useful to quote the whole thing:

kobbSdT.png

It's one thing to complain about a company not making a product, another thing to complain about them not being allowed to ship it to you, but it's a bit entitled to complain that while they have gone to the effort of making it and the effort of arranging to be able to ship it to you, they haven't managed to negotiate the red tape quickly enough in your armchair opinion. Isn't the "laughably arbitrary" thing how short the timeframe you've given them to bring an extremely niche product mired in bureaucracy to your door halfway around the world is?

17 hours ago, Mike_West said:

It's not about the price, it's about the absolutely laughable arbitrary unavailability. You basically cannot buy any firearm accessories made in the USA thanks to military-industrial complex's *rickroll* waving, nothing else.

And this is FLUX's fault... How, exactly? Why should the fact that ITAR won't let them sell these braces directly change the fact that I feel slightly sorry for them?

17 hours ago, Mike_West said:

And if you want to convince me otherwise, my reply is one word:

TITLEIST.

What does golf equipment have to do with this?

Edited by PureSilver
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could sell internationally if they put in the effort and money to get an iTAR export license from the DDTC or partnered up with international distributors that have export licenses for their products. Maybe that is what they are in the process is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PureSilver said:

What does golf equipment have to do with this?

Can you stop being an idiot? Titleist was a member of this forum, who was convicted of shipping ITAR-restricted firearms accessories without a "license". And while I can understand that particular piece of legislation covering secret squirrel Tier 1 milspec gear, I find restrictions on airsoft/airgun scopes or Bubba toys like the Flux Brace not only bonkers, but *badger*s.

5 hours ago, NonEx said:

They could sell internationally if they put in the effort and money to get an iTAR export license from the DDTC or partnered up with international distributors that have export licenses for their products. Maybe that is what they are in the process is doing.

If even Brownell's can't, much less Evike, do you really think that the bureaucratic machine will yield to an even smaller company?

Reality check, people. What we're seeing here is the Chinese gleefully undercutting the profits of small American companies with the tacit approval of the military-industrial complex American government. You can get a genuine milspec holographic sight without problems in this anus mundi, provided you have 'bout 600 quid to spend on it, and from a local store no less, but somehow, you cannot buy a $60 airsoft scope from an airsoft store in the US. A scope that would probably fail the first, best case maybe second test for military specifications and the only difference between it and dime-a-dozen Chinese you can order from Hong Kong or even AliExpress (so, China directly) is that it was designed and manufactured in the US. So while I can figuratively scream at Flux "HERE'S MY THREE HUNDRED BUCKS, TAKE IT, PLEASE!", neither of us is in position to do anything about it. This is called "arbitrary unavailability".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, Got Wood? said:

Tbh I prefer the Carbine kits. Ran my TM based 17 in the armourer works kit, bar issues with temperature it was an awesome little toy. Especially for $70

Having converted a Flux to airsoft use, and having used various carbine kits over the years, I really gotta disagree.

My main issue with carbine kits has that they turn your pistol into, well, a carbine. They become a lot harder to holster, and basically impossible to use as a pistol. They become a primary, which obviously is the point, but somewhat limits flexibility.

With the Flux brace, you can manipulate the pistol just fine with the brace collapsed, allowing you to use the pistol as a pistol (one handed, in close quarters, etc). It also barely changes the overall profile of the gun, so it still fits fine in soft holsters (although obviously not Serpas or molded holsters).

The Flux is, IMO, exactly what a pistol carbine should be- it's just a stock extension for a pistol, not a compact rifle frame swallowing up a pistol. It follows the legacy of the Hi-Power and C96 stocked pistols from a century ago, with the convenience of always being available on the gun.

Regarding this clone, I would like to point out two things.

  1. It is designed for a gen 3 Glock, not a gen 4 like the real Flux. This is good since airsoft gen 3s are much easier to come by.
  2. Flux does not, and has no apparent intentions to, manufacture the bog-standard Flux brace intended for airsoft use. Their 'Milsim Flux Brace' is larger (with an integral rail on the frame) and IMO starts to creep away from what makes the bog-standard Flux good. It also is ONLY compatible with the Umarex-branded gen 4 G17- while it might be made to fit a WE or TM gen 4, it certainly won't fit a gen 3 without heavy modification.

Knock-offs of real-steel products have been around since the start of this sport so I'm surprised to see a debate here on buying the clone vs buying the original- follow your own conscience. But I have to say, the clone looks to be more consumer-friendly than the real thing. If Flux just sold a bog-standard brace intended for the airsoft gen 3s it might be a different story.

By the way, Octagon Airsoft is selling this clone plus a Kydex holster:

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/flux-collapsible-stock-for-marui-umarex-vfc-glocks-with-holster-set-的副本

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CatgutViolin said:

Regarding this clone, I would like to point out two things.

  1. It is designed for a gen 3 Glock, not a gen 4 like the real Flux. This is good since airsoft gen 3s are much easier to come by.
  2. Flux does not, and has no apparent intentions to, manufacture the bog-standard Flux brace intended for airsoft use. Their 'Milsim Flux Brace' is larger (with an integral rail on the frame) and IMO starts to creep away from what makes the bog-standard Flux good. It also is ONLY compatible with the Umarex-branded gen 4 G17- while it might be made to fit a WE or TM gen 4, it certainly won't fit a gen 3 without heavy modification.

Knock-offs of real-steel products have been around since the start of this sport so I'm surprised to see a debate here on buying the clone vs buying the original- follow your own conscience. But I have to say, the clone looks to be more consumer-friendly than the real thing. If Flux just sold a bog-standard brace intended for the airsoft gen 3s it might be a different story.

And let me guess, all the lawyer-friendly NotGlocks from APS, KWA and whoever else are mostly Gen3 based?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike_West said:

And let me guess, all the lawyer-friendly NotGlocks from APS, KWA and whoever else are mostly Gen3 based?

All the lawyer-friendly not-Glocks are sufficiently different from the Glock design that I highly doubt any Flux will fit, knockoff or not.

It'll only work on the definitely-not-lawyer-friendly unlicensed Glocks that WE, TM, and others have been making for years. And on the licensed gen 3 VFCs.

Edited by CatgutViolin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.