Taping butterfly/multiple pack arrangement lipos together?

Gunmane

Decided I'd try again to find some 11.1v to work with all my ak replicas, and having seen/read folks using the following under their dustcovers okay, I picked up two to try out, and they just arrived today.  Going to change the connectors to deans in order to charge them, but was wondering about whether or not people have safely taped the individual packs of these together?  https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1200mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack-1.html

I figure it probably not a bright idea to have them tight together, but I swear I've seen folks do it before in order to keep them compact and not liable to shift and catch on things like charging handle and whatnot.  If not possible and I can't get them to sit right as is, at least I can use them for the RPK (even though I kinda don't trust my *suitcase* wiring job to handle 11.1v with that one).

Apologies if this isn't something worth a new thread.  Couldn't post in the old archived threads and a quick search around didn't reveal much at all (most places just talking about not taping them to side of replicas and whatnot).

They didn't act up during storage charge, which is good news.  Bad news is they won't fit underneath any of my replicas dustcovers, so rpk batteries they shall be alone (till I get bored and remake the full stock ak74 again).  Thanks all for the suggestions.

Archived