Bamse mk3 Co2 grenade

Krang

Hello all

If anyone remembers, i posted the bamse co2 grenade here a couple of years ago. The thread seems to have vanished, and i have forgotten what my accont was, so i made a new one.

The Bamse is a cheap, reusabe airsoft grenade that is powered by a 8-gram co2 capsule. It has been bit of a brainchild of mine - nothing that i dedicate myself to, but a bit of brain exercise for those times when i have nothing to do.

The Bamse is a percussion type of grenade, that uses the same principle of for example a thunder b, with a co2-cartridge being opened inside a frangible membrane, which after a certain time, as it reaches a certain pressure ruptures with a loud bang.

The addition of bbs in the grenade is feasible, but in ALL type of airsoft grenades completely pointless, as the velocity that they are being propelled at makes them impossible to notice other than by the rattle they make one the floor. The ideal bb spread from a grenade would be something like a hundred bbs being projected evenly in every direction at say 50-70 metres per second (250 fps or so i think?). Sadly, the only option that can perform as such is a rather hefty pyrotechnic charge. And with that kind of power, it is not by any means safe, which rules it out. Therefore, a percussion grenade and rules is in my opinion the only viable solution. End rant.

I never liked chucking pyrotechnics at people, as it is very hard to regulate what is safe and what is not. The legality may also be an issue. The big name brand options are also in my opinion good, but much to expensive. Outdoors some have the being biodegradable though, that is a plus.

Therefore i created the bamse mk1 and mk2, both aimed at being cheap, possible to build with common materials and simple tools, reusabe to an extent and safe.

The current version is much better that the first ones. It is now a lot simpler to create (no wood, glue, precision drilling or crappy little wires) at the expense of slightly more expensive. It is a lot more reliable, as it does not rely on these components, and is is a lot easier to reload.

I made a really short teaser, not as much for you as for to keep myself somewhat motivated to make a short instructional video and demonstration. I hope this at least may entertain you for the ten seconds it lasts. :)

Cheers!

Archived