Classic army g3

Barnett1980

Hi everyone 

Returned to airsoft after a 20 year hiatus and soon realised I'm no longer the run and gun player I used to be!!!

Anyway got myself a specna arms h08 a few weeks ago but I've always had a soft spot for a g3. I'm going to go DMR as I'm much better at hiding than running!!

I know the lct g3 is a lovely product but has anyone had any dealings with the classic army g3? The lct including dmr upgrades is a bit out of my price range unless it's worth saving for?

Any help would be appreciated 

My local shop had to return their entire shipment of CA G3s due to external issues. Namely, they fell apart in transit. I personally wouldn’t touch one with someone else’s 10 foot pole.

If you want to trust the structural integrity of your rifle, I would recommend saving up for the LCT. That’s my plan.

I own a fair few (as in, 5+) CA G3s, from various years - the oldest is built on a TM G3 with a circa 2006 CA body and cocking tube kit, the newest is a 2018 model which came with the 9mm QSC gearbox and inline mosfet.

They're ok, but they are aluminium alloy and the upper receiver is still a clamshell design with a seperate cocking tube. I run my stuff pretty hard and I've not broken one yet, but if I was going to get another one new, I'd be looking at saving up for an LCT instead. The only real buggeration is that LCT don't do many different models and they've had some issues with magazine fitment and feeding, even with their own magazines.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:32 PM, DarkLite said:

The only real buggeration is that LCT don't do many different models and they've had some issues with magazine fitment and feeding, even with their own magazines.

I have seen these magazine fitment issues with the LCT G3 firsthand. There seems to be some problem with the magazines failing to lock in after extended use. After fiddling with the pair of LCT G3s (and accompanying magazines) at my local shop, I'm fairly confident that the magazines are at fault. One magazine won't lock into either rifle, while the other mag locks into both rifles without issue. I'm planning on buying my complement of mags locally so I can return them in case of any drama.

Archived