Proforce Sig M17

Wingman

I bought one of these a few months back but have not shot it a great deal. However, I do find the pistol to be accurate with adequate power and range. The pistol appears to be well made, fit and finish on mine is quite good. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, but I do have just a few issues.

My first is with the outer barrel. Here in the USA, we have to deal with a red or orange muzzle cap on all our airsoft replicas when purchased. The Proforce M17 is no different there. While the cap is threaded into the barrel and glued in, it can be removed with some effort.

However, when this is done, you end up with a very, very thin inner threaded muzzle. This muzzle does not accept any known thread adapter. It also looks like absolute junk and really detracts from the overall good looks of the replica. 

I ended up taking a WE threaded barrel adapter and built up the end of the adapter that fits into the barrel and "permanently" super glued it into the M17 barrel. So far, so good. But I'm not sure how long term this fix will be and frankly, I would like to get a replacement barrel from somewhere that does not have to deal with this red muzzle cap issue. The few pictures I've seen of these pistols in Asia and Europe appear to have a normal muzzle ends with faux rifling. This is exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone knows of a source, I'd appreciate a "heads up". It does not have to be threaded barrel, standard length would be fine.

I'm really surprised by the total lack of any after market support for this pistol as well as it appears to be selling quite well over here.

My next issue is with the magazine. While I have the CO2 version and have had no operational issues with the magazine (mine perform very well so far), I'd like to see a standard length, flush fit magazine with a better quality (better material) base plate. I have suspicions that the present base plate could be easily broken in a fall.

Finally, the RMR adapter. This has been promised for quite awhile. Lets get it done and it best be able to co-witness fixed sights!

Ok, rant is over. I would appreciate any of your thoughts and/or comments regarding "long term use" that anyone has had with the Proforce M17 as well.

Thanks

Archived