Here's my pretty terrible review for Volante Airsoft.

So I ordered a Stratos BBU for my 1911 directly for Volante Airsoft's website. The order was made on the 14th of January and weirdly there was no kind of communication whatsoever. No email to say my order has been confirmed/shipped etc, just zero communication. I gave it a while, I know things can take time and I was in no rush. Come the 31st of January I'd still had nothing and deceided to ping a message to them on Facebook. After 3 days I got a response saying that the address they had for me was different to the address on my paypal account. Fair enough I thought, pretty crappy that they couldn't actually let me know that at the time but I confirmed my address and left it at that.

We're now over a month since the order was made and still absolutely nothing! I've messaged Kim at Volante again to find out what's going on but I'm seriously thinking this is going to be a paypal dispute.

Just a friendly warning for those thinking about getting a Stratos BBU, don't.

Edited by Wild_XIII
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about the issues. It doesn't sound like my experience.

I sent a KWA MK23 BBU for some repair/upgrades and it took a while to get back but that was to be expected as (if I'm not mistaken) it's just the one guy doing the work and he has multiple projects going.

There was good communication via Facebook about every step so that's something that's different in this case.. It sounds like he's busy/distracted at the moment :/

Try putting some extra pressure on it by requesting status updates. No response for 7 days? Send a message via PayPal, that should get things going :)

Hope everything works out!

I had a reply this morning with a tracking number and saying that it should be with me this week. I can see the parcel was posted on the 4th of Feb so it's just slow postage holding it up now.

I've got no issue with people being busy or whatever and I know it's a small company, it just would have been nice to have the communication. For all I knew nothing had been done/posted so I felt a left in the dark and had no idea that it had actually been dispatched.

At least I know it's on its way so everything will be fine. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update, I now have the blowback unit with me. The problem is that I've tried to fit it to a TM MEU and an Army 1911 and none of the screw holes line up. I'll have to speak to Kim at Volante and find out what I can do with it.

So overall the experience really hasn't been that great. Which is a great shame as I was really excited to try this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just message him on Facebook, he responses pretty quickly and sometimes in depth, he's just one guy remember, not some retailer with staff. As someone who bought 10+ of his products over the years (sometimes for other people when I order in accessories), and dealt with him directly many times, my experience has been mostly positive.