Tokyo Marui AK Storm NGRS

hitmanNo2

The latest ERG from TM is the AK Storm NGRS.

17/4/20 release

The latest NGRS AEG from Tokyo Marui, the AK Storm NGRS, is set for release on the 17th of April... "The next-generation electric gun 'AK Storm', which is a modernized custom made Tokyo Marui Original take on AK47, reveaked! We have produced custom parts that improve operability, such as a short barrel that is easy to handle, a stock that can select the shape according to the situation, and a Magwell that is easy to change magazines, a mount base with a backup site, etc. are adopted in various places.

Major features:

• Equipped with a shoot and recoil engine: When the trigger is pulled, the bolt is activated at the same time as the firing, and the strong recoil generated inside the body is transmitted to the whole body. An auto-stop system that stops firing when the magazine is empty. It is a model that pursues the reality of operation and operability.
  • Bolt release mechanism: Equipped with a bolt release mechanism that releases the auto stop by pulling the bolt handle. You can enjoy realistic operation procedures. (Nice)
  • Metal parts used: Die-casting and press steel are used for the parts of each part, including the lower receiver, to produce a profound feeling that moves to the eyes and a feeling of weight when picked up, and also achieves high rigidity. By applying a defric coat to the lower receiver, the texture of steel black dyeing processing has been reproduced.
  • M-LOK rail system: The latest rail system M-LOK is used on both sides of the hand guard with underrail. The hand guard, which allows you to add rails only where needed, is slim and easy to handle, and has been lightened by removing meat. The M-LOK rail with a width of 20mm (Picatinny standard) comes with one of three types of slots: 3 slots, 5 slots, and 7 slots. It can be easily removed with the attached hexagon wrench.
  • Various accessory parts: Two types of M-LOK covers, two types of hand stops that support the hand holding the hand guard, and a special mount that can be attached at a lower position with the optional “Micro Pro Site” are included.
  • Compatible with various muzzle options: If you remove the muzzle flash hider, you can install a muzzle option with a 14 mm reverse screw specification such as a silencer.
  • Steel Press Magazine: Includes a magazine with 90 shots and a steel press outer case similar to the real one. With a built-in follower stopper, you can enjoy just firing without putting BB bullets in the magazine. * There is no magazine compatibility with the magazine for AK74.
  • Magazine adapter included: By attaching the adapter to the main unit, the magazine for electric gun standard type AK can be used. * When the adapter is installed, the auto stop system and bolt release mechanism do not operate. Also, the magazine for the next-generation electric gun AK47 cannot be used."

fcztfo9.jpg

idgH0vU.jpg

oQYX2t0.jpg

Drn2eTi.jpg

6e689M9.jpg

mkvMBbT.jpg

GA5J0dq.jpg

Had this been a 5.45 platform model, or they went and did their own take on a pcc ak model, I would be more intrigued (or even a 9x39 fictional design).  As one person said it best "When will they stop using ak47 basis?"

I would say abomination but then again I keep harboring a desire to make a khyber pass triangle folding stock akm for *suitcases* and giggles (broke an old pot metal receiver rear end in the process of trying to mate a steel Dboys akms front end to it), so all power to them.

1 hour ago, aznriptide859 said:

That buffer tube adapter looks eww.

Now I've taken a second look at it, I'm wondering if it's non-standard as well.

Looks be to about £400 / $ 500 retail in Japan. At least there including a magazine adaptor...

• 2 weeks later...

I assume it just being that anyone who bothers to import TM just sets silly prices because it too much a hassle to import on the regular (and because most folks here don't bother with TM aegs anymore save for the recoil shocks that are not ak models).  Mach Sakai video up already:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PHHlu6pPkQ

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus wept. They've managed to space-age almost every component barring the lower receiver... and then decided to have an ancient post-war era magazine hanging out the bottom of it.

It looks bloody ridiculous.

Archived