Your favorite WE pistols

Wingman

During the past few years, WE has apparently made a major increase in quality control and designs in their pistol line-up. Some of their latest models have been rated as very good and while still trailing Tokyo Marui, it has been pleasure to see one of the most maligned of airsoft manufacturers actually "turn things around".

In the last couple of years, I have taken the plunge and bought a few and have had very positive results. Currently I own 3 WE pistols and a "pseudo" WE. While one of these pistols is a relatively new purchase, the others were picked up over the last few years.

1.) "The Pseudo WE" (and the oldest).. Timberwolf G17. After having an initial issue with the "manual safety/serial number tab" that seemed to activate itself for some unknown reason. After it was removed, no problems. I now have 3 (one standard, one FDE frame w/black slide, RMR, Maple Leaf barrel and hop up unit, and a "Timberwolf" logo'd threaded barrel, Guarder Glock trigger, extended slide release and magazine release, and the final is a FDE frame and slide w/real steel Lone Wolf magwell,  Guarder Glock trigger, extended slide release and Trijicon sights. These were really nice pistols and I miss them. Every time I see one on Ebay, I generally buy it. I love the frames grip shape and they are really good shooters.

2.) P-38..I have 2 Black full size, 2 black "K" versions and 1 brushed chrome full size. I was always a big fan of the real-steel and jumped on this as soon as it came out. It has probably the best double action/single action triggers on the market. It has the only single action trigger pull with an actual "wall" before the hammer falls. These are fun pistols to shoot and once you learn how to resolve the issue of low number of gas shots due to the magazines design, they are lots of fun with decent range and accuracy.

3.) ISSC M22..I bought this when it was almost impossible to find any decent "Glock Style" pistol in the USA. While I heard the initial release had some issues, mine was apparently a later model and has been excellent. Shorter than the G19, it still reaches out there and I generally use TM, WE and KJW G17 magazines with no issues. Mine came with a suppressor and threaded inner barrel extension. Lots of fun and I find adequate range and accuracy. Trigger is a little different from the standard Glock but its easy to work with.

4.) Sig P226 E2..A new purchase for me and I dont have much shooting experience with it. The reason why I got this and not the KJW N2, is that the KJW has the wrong trigger shape. So far the pistol has shot very well but needs more shooting. I do wish it could use the TM P226R and N2 magazines, but no luck there.

Let me know of your experiences with the "New" WE pistols. Good and bad.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves and stay safe. 

For me it would have to be the new GEN2 WE Beretta M9/M9A1 series. The jump in manufacturing process, attention to detail, finishing of parts etc. is incredible. It is on par with if not better than a TM/Guarder custom build. Each part is an individual piece on these and no molded in details. The only negative I would say is their implementation of the full auto switch via the safety/de-cocking lever.

And I also love my WE Glock 19 GEN5 pistol. Just waiting for the Glock 19 GEN5 MOS release and to get it fully customized from KY Airsoft with custom markings and Cerakote finish :D

I like the looks of the WE G19 GEN5 MOS as well. Unfortunately, I will have a difficult time getting it here, if I can at all due to trademark laws here. I will probably have to settle for the Elite Force/Umarex version and their magazines.

Regarding the GEN2 M9/M9A1, as it comes with the full-auto, does this mean no de-cocker function? If the answer is yes, are you aware of a good "all metal" M9A1 that comes with that feature?

It actually does have a functional de-cocker as well. However, as with most fine mechanic pot metal parts, if over used it will wear down the metal and cause too big tolerances between the interfacing parts and stop working properly :(

So the if the is selector all the way up, it's semi auto, half way down, full auto and all the way down de-cock/safe.

I'm trying to be more careful with DA/SA pistols as I've worn out the actions on my ASG Cz75 (2) and P-09 (1). I'm currently thumbing back the hammers on my P-38's for the initial first shot (insert loaded magazine, rack the slide and then apply hammer drop safety).

I just may give that Beretta a try.

Desert Eagle.
I think the release of their Desert Eagle re-peaked my interest in WE. Before this I had also owned TM Desert Eagles with Creation and Guarder kits. The full length travel of the WE version pushed me into purchasing.

Out of the box it is not a bad performer but I knew it could be better.
Internals: Aside from a strip and lube with minor tweaks, I replaced the HOP rubber with TM and the inner barrel with a 6.02mm tightbore. This has given me more range than the standard set up.
I also cut the recoil springs down to make it less sluggish and improve efficiency (I am using green gas).

Externals: On occasion, I felt minor straightening of some lines was necessary (I am super fussy and was getting them Cerakoted anyway). Initially I wasn't that keen on the matt black finish as it almost made the markings look feint but with a wipe and buff using Superlube oil it looks much better in my opinion. I do still have one with a standard black finish.

The fit and finish is generally good. Tolerances are fine and on the whole the design seems sound. Better materials and quality control is always preferable but that comes at a price.
Yes, sure; it is an impractical, big old clunker and the same can be done in a smaller, more efficient package but I just don't care because I like them.

How much? 🤣

DSC_0073~2.JPG

DSC_0079~2.JPG

DSC_0044~2.JPG

I got rid of the most of my WE pistols years ago, currently have just two, which I like - Beretta M84 & Colt .25.

Wish WE pistols are readily available with marking without the need to order from overseas. I am especially interested in Gen 2 Beretta 92 and Beretta 90 Two, but have few more in my long-term purchase list :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have these WE pistols:

IMI Desert Eagle

Beretta M9 gen2 Chrome

Beretta M84 Chrome

SIG P228

SIG M17/M18

Walther P38 Chrome

TT33 Tokarev Chrome

PM Makarov

Luger

Mauser M712

Glock 23F with engraved slide +  standard Gen3 lower

6" Hicapa

In outdoor games where I run around a bit, I carry a Makarov, because it fits in a standard magazine pouch and doesn't have a thumb magazine release.  However, equally I have carried the M84, P228, M18, etc.  All fairly similar in performance though my favorite is the M84.

Indoor games, I carry anything fun; M9s are generally pretty reliable, hicapas have a lot of rounds but are heavy, and TT33s are far more accurate than anything I have.  Queue in the Machine pistols: M712 and Glock 23F with an old FAB Glock stock, and its pretty much anything goes.  I would say the TT33 is probably my favorite, even in IPSC BB, though low round count doesn't help in the case.  Machine pistols I would go for the M712 because it is butter smooth and very very hard hitting.

Both the Luger and P38 are part of my WW2 collection which includes an M1 Carbine, Thompson, STG44, PPSH41, MG42.  My WE browning is currently out of action atm.

The Chrome DE however, is my video game gun, which i have next to my computer desk.   

Had some fun with my WE ISSC M22 yesterday.

I went through my parts drawer and added a Ace Arms RMR  with their mount that has the back up sights on the RMR plate. WE threaded adapter and a thread protector. Put a on Inforce light (if your interested, this pistols rail is "a bear" to find a light that will work. Lights set up for Glocks wont work as rail is very short. I am using the mimi-Inforce light for picatinny rail and it has to be attached to the first notch in the rail and sits a little forward of the muzzle. Looking for a rail adapter that might help.  I found that the Guarder Custom G19 magazines fit perfectly (KJW G23 magazines do not lock up) and look pretty nice (I've also been using the WE lightweight G17 magazines).

Today, I'm going to see if a Guarder extended slide release, magazine release and maybe a Glock trigger will fit.

Seems to function just fine. Nothing fell off while shooting (lol).

Starting to look mean as "heck". A Tactic-Kool  .22 cal.. As the WE M22 is 1/2 inch shorter than a G19, it still rather compact, even with the RMR.

Stuck here until at least May, so I've got to do something for laughs and giggles.

Going to have to get another one of these M22's. 

On 4/10/2020 at 12:43 PM, Mobius Strip said:

Desert Eagle.
I think the release of their Desert Eagle re-peaked my interest in WE. Before this I had also owned TM Desert Eagles with Creation and Guarder kits. The full length travel of the WE version pushed me into purchasing.

Out of the box it is not a bad performer but I knew it could be better.
Internals: Aside from a strip and lube with minor tweaks, I replaced the HOP rubber with TM and the inner barrel with a 6.02mm tightbore. This has given me more range than the standard set up.
I also cut the recoil springs down to make it less sluggish and improve efficiency (I am using green gas).

Externals: On occasion, I felt minor straightening of some lines was necessary (I am super fussy and was getting them Cerakoted anyway). Initially I wasn't that keen on the matt black finish as it almost made the markings look feint but with a wipe and buff using Superlube oil it looks much better in my opinion. I do still have one with a standard black finish.

The fit and finish is generally good. Tolerances are fine and on the whole the design seems sound. Better materials and quality control is always preferable but that comes at a price.
Yes, sure; it is an impractical, big old clunker and the same can be done in a smaller, more efficient package but I just don't care because I like them.

How much? 🤣

DSC_0073~2.JPG

DSC_0079~2.JPG

DSC_0044~2.JPG

You don't have any particular issue with your desert e.?

It's the only one where the slide goes back all the way and while that may not seem like a lot (about an extra inch of travel) it makes a huge difference when you're shooting it. There have been issues with some barrels breaking due to the slide slamming into it with so much force, but with the reported numbers I'd say they're due to lemons in the casting. Black is classic, though not very durable. On the silver finish there used to be a painted version which scratched easily but don't know if they stopped making them after they released plated versions.

6 hours ago, Wingman said:

I have one on my buy list as well. How does it compare to the other "all metal" Desert Eagles? Would you suggest the black or chrome?

I will be honest, it has been a long time since I owned the TM version. The Creation kit had an absolutely fantastic finish and it was CNC which explained the price. The externals of that kit were better finished than WE (not that I class the WE as bad). As RC says above, the extra travel definitely makes a difference and despite the odd example of broken ones turning up, I chose this over TM. I had considered the Robin Hood Tactical DE kit for TM but chose WE instead.

When I spoke to KY about the silver version and asked which they offered, (on the Armorer Works website they still showed both types), they told me that they only now offer the painted one as it was more durable.

"Refer to your questions: Silver ,we do not stock chrome : the coating not last long as the silver one."

When my order arrived I am pretty sure it was plated as I saw what I think was traces of a flash copper plating inside which would be used as a base to chrome!?

It was sold as the silver Cerakote fitted that need. 

I have seen pics of a plated one for sale where it appeared the plating was chipped where the front of the slide meets the barrel but I cannot be 100%.

For me black is the classic but I do have a fondness for silver too. The coating on the factory black one seemed more uniform than the silver.

I certainly was not disappointed at all with my purchase(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie. Was hoping I wasn’t the only person with this pistol. I have owned the Xdm for around 7 years. Went through different rebuilds, but mainly has a traded slide and better looking outer barrel kit that gives me problems with the hopup. Other than that issue that has been my go to sidearm since I got it. Been wanting a real Xdm, which I finally got 3 years ago, that in a sense I “trained” ahead of time for the real one.  Almost looks like my real one except for the trades and the front sight has a red fiber style sight on my real one.  Love this pistol to death.  Older picture with the stock blank slide but still, you get the point  

Had a 1911 at one point as well, but that was around 8 years ago and just kept having problems. I keep thinking of getting a new one, but I already have a KWA one so I might not. 

09BED5F4-B9E5-415B-9DD3-E431A838C753.jpeg

**sorry, double post** For those who "operate" with the WE ISSC M22, I have some news about a good weapons light that will fit perfectly on the pistols rail.

The Bayco Nightstick TCM-550XLS is approx the same size as the Inforce (real-steel pistol lights are no longer being made by them. However, there is a CREE copy of that light available on many of the Hong Kong sites). The Bayco comes with 5 different mounting plates and their C2 plate is a "tight" but perfect fit for the M22 rail. It operates with 550 Lumens on 1 CR123 battery for 2.5 hours. Price was $108.00 (US).

This light also looks good on G17& G19's, PPQ's, Sig P226 & P229's (TM, WE and KJW) and all of my railed 1911's (including the Railgun rail).

On 4/30/2020 at 4:28 AM, Wingman said:

Have you had any issues with yours?

I have never actually had issues with the outer barrel when it was stock. It was usually the fake cocked hammer indicator that gives problem. Even to this day it can. You can remove some parts and still have a fully functional pistol, but I prefer to keep them in. Just blue lock tight the screw that holds all those parts in and it will last for a very long time. And I haven’t had issues getting parts except for complete upper and lowers. Go here for your WE Tech needs. They are a primer supplier for them: https://www.kyairsoft.com/

On 4/17/2020 at 4:01 PM, Mobius Strip said:

I will be honest, it has been a long time since I owned the TM version. The Creation kit had an absolutely fantastic finish and it was CNC which explained the price. The externals of that kit were better finished than WE (not that I class the WE as bad). As RC says above, the extra travel definitely makes a difference and despite the odd example of broken ones turning up, I chose this over TM. I had considered the Robin Hood Tactical DE kit for TM but chose WE instead.

When I spoke to KY about the silver version and asked which they offered, (on the Armorer Works website they still showed both types), they told me that they only now offer the painted one as it was more durable.

"Refer to your questions: Silver ,we do not stock chrome : the coating not last long as the silver one."

When my order arrived I am pretty sure it was plated as I saw what I think was traces of a flash copper plating inside which would be used as a base to chrome!?

It was sold as the silver Cerakote fitted that need. 

I have seen pics of a plated one for sale where it appeared the plating was chipped where the front of the slide meets the barrel but I cannot be 100%.

For me black is the classic but I do have a fondness for silver too. The coating on the factory black one seemed more uniform than the silver.

I certainly was not disappointed at all with my purchase(s).

The finish of my black WE deagle has some "cracking" and some "chipping" arround the back of the grip. It's weird that happend, I have the feeling that the sweat of my hands ruin the finish of the gun

Came up on a really good deal on a new WE F226 Mk25 in FDE with the flattened picatinny rail and some new WE P226 magazines. Had to have it and its on its way.

My WE P226 E2 has been performing really well, so lets hope the trend continues.

Question: Does anyone know if TM P226 grips will work on the WE F226? That "SEAL TEAM SIX" logo just bothers me too much.

Question #2: If the above is not going to work, how do you remove WE E2 style grip panels?

As far as I can tell the WE grips are compatible with the marui as well as the KJW.  

However the WE grips, like the Marui are far larger than RS sizing.  KJW however are actually the closest while  KWA is actually smaller.

I have never removed the WE E2 style grip panels.  I imagine it would be similar to the Marui version.

Archived