Your take on the Amoeba Striker Gen2 Sniper Rifle

Wingman

I am in the market for a compact, lightweight, accurate and moderately powerful (350 to 450 fps) spring powerd sniper rifle. This will likely be my one and only dedicated sniper rifle and I'm looking to have fun with it on a occasional basis. Currently I've been using a in-expensive single inner-barrel shotgun with the standard rifle sights and it's pretty darned accurate out to 150+/- feet with .20's, .23's and .25's. Its pretty handy and the fact that I can use my huge supply of the standard 30 bb capacity shells that I use in the other 6+ pump tri-shot shotguns is helpful.

But its time to move on. I'm not looking to get into huge money on this and I've been looking over the AMOEBA "Striker" Gen 2 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle and it seems to have most of what I'm looking for along with a fair amount of available up-grades should I want to "kick it up a notch". Like I said, this is not going to be a "big budget gun". I also need a moderately priced but good quality scope.

Anyone out there have any experience with this rifle? I've seen the videos and read some of the reports on it and it seems to be doing pretty well. Naturally there are likes and dis-likes out there.

Your help and suggestions will be very helpful (as is the usual case). Thanks

Hi, there's a really active Facebook owners group for the striker, I spent a fair amount of time on there reading up before I bought one.

I've put my thoughts about my AS02 on my blog.

Here's a link to part one

https://junglesairsoftblog.wordpress.com/2018/11/04/ares-amoeba-striker-as02-review-and-project-start/

Hope that helps, Jim.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the link. Very well done and informative. You really answered many of my questions and the picture details are excellent.

What scope are you using on your rifle?

I've been looking everywhere for the exact same version of the rifle that you own in the U.S,, but have not been successful. It is exactly what I've been looking for. 

Hi, it's a really old Nikko Stirling 1.5-5x25, a really old LPVO that I got off eBay years ago, I also have a Simmons Pro Diamond 1.5-5x25 which is almost identical, the Simmons was marketed as a shotgun scope originally.

The modern equivalent would probably be a Vision King 1-5x25.

Jim.

Put the order in. The Amoeba Striker AS02 is nowhere to be seen in the USA apparently. So I got the following:

1.) Amoeba AS01 Rifle OD Green

2.) Amoeba Striker AS01 barrel Fluted/Short (so I at least get the "Scout Rifle" length I was going for)

3.) 3 Amoeba AS01 spare magazines (black)

4.) Action Army Striker AS01 Hop-Up Adjustment Wheel

5.) Action Army Striker AS01 Threaded Muzzle Adapter

6.) Amoeba AS01 M-Loc Hand Guard OD Green

6.) NcStar Illuminated Recticle 3-9X40 Scope w/rings

Amazingly, I found just one store that had it all in stock. They also had "supposed"  5-7 day shipping. This we will see.

About $100.00 more than I was looking to spend. But, until I get some time with it, I dont want to go much further at this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

And another shout out to: gisburn20 (aka: Jim). Your informative response "sealed the deal". Thank you My Friend!

**Note: I still wouldnt mind hearing from others who "have or had" any experience with this rifle.

You might need to add trigger parts/ sears to that order, the as01 trigger is not the same design as the AS02, the as01 was a 45 degree sear, the AS02/3 have 90 degree sears that are a bit stronger.

Unless they've updated the as01 design.

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the process for installing the "Action Army Hop-up Adjustment Wheel" on this rifle. As usual you get a nicely made part but zero instructions on how to install it. I've not found any video on it either. The only video I can find is the Bespoke video on how to replace the entire hop-up unit with a totally different product.

Thanks for the assist

Does anyone know the process for installing the "Action Army Hop-up Adjustment Wheel" on this rifle. As usual you get a nicely made part but zero instructions on how to install it. I've not found any video on it either. The only video I can find is the Bespoke video on how to replace the entire hop-up unit with a totally different product.
Thanks for the assist
I thought you are supposed to put the metal bal in the hop up hole(where the screw normaly pushes the arm).
Put the springs in the holes that go in the body of the Wheel adjustr and then just screw it in place.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G398FN met Tapatalk

Archived