Cowboy Guns Picture Thread

As I became recently addicted to lever action rifles, let's see if this thread can go on a while.

So far my Western Collection consists of four rifles
e3d5e8fb5cce5407a22997f4bf11ecb1.jpg
A&K Winchester M1892 Carbine (gas, wood version)
Umarex Winchester M1894 Carbine (CO2, shellejecting)
KTW Winchester M1873 Carbine (springer)
KTW Winchester M1873 Rifle (springer)

A&K is a piece of , Umarex is a joy to shoot and with 3D printed sheels it could be made skirmishable (with added hopup and power reduction), plus it needs a wood set to replace the not-too-bad plastic furniture.
0119794c44242a5e93239bfb810e4b6e.jpg

KTWs are the nicest modelwise, partial Winchester markings are present on stock. OOB Carbine does not shoot bad (about 1.5J with .30), range is decent (hit person at 40metres) - need to try the Rifle still, but the reloading is PITA and can wear the hand quickly if shooting fast... well untill the moment you find a gas conversion set from Korea. If all goes well, it should arrive sometimes next week. So now I need to decide if Carbine or Rifle should be converted to gas...

Now I need to get me some SAA Colts, would prefer Colt Navy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
3 hours ago, vietnammarine said:

Very nice Sir! Are all of these serial production airsoft or some of them are rebuilts?

And the Gatling...speechless.

They are all airsoft, but the shotgun, both Sharps and of course the Gatling are custom builds.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
How well do these pistols hold up as I'm starting to get the itch?

I have the SAA for quite a short time, but seems good so far.

For shooting at home I have bought the re-fillable CO2 canisters and fill them just with green gas. The power dropped from 2.5J to 0.2J, but for paper target or Kinder Surprise figures shooting at short distance good enough :-D

Yeah, and I am getting holsters done from a friend. Even found out there is a small group of Airsoft Cowboys in Czech :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Volante Airsoft gas set for KTW finally and installed it to Carbine yesterday. Power jumped up to 2J with .30, but the reloading is like "a walk in the park" now. Hope to test her at game soon.

eea8ea203e66f4fc733931cc7b4f4501.jpg
Western style holster and belt for SAA are on the way.

• Like 3
Looking good. Vietnammarine, where did you get the volante kit from? I have thought about getting one for my ktw carbine as well.

Directly from Volante Airsoft Korea, he is a great guy to communicate with and has very reasonable shipping costs with EMS to Europe.

• Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 1:59 AM, Tin said:

I have added a rifle since the picture was taken. The Sharps rifle (and the carbine ) fires Tanaka Cassiopeia 50cal shells.  

C4D83F45-3218-46BB-9AFA-2C3FA457AC68.jpeg

9BFC6BE5-3750-464F-8BFC-7E995D433A06.jpeg

Hey Tin, nice rifle!!! 😱😱😱😱😍

Can you explain/pictured how you modify the firing pin for Cassiopeia cartridge?? Because the denix replica have nothing to fire... 

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:16 PM, Mr BL4CKM4N said:

Hey Tin, nice rifle!!! 😱😱😱😱😍

Can you explain/pictured how you modify the firing pin for Cassiopeia cartridge?? Because the denix replica have nothing to fire... 

Sorry for the very late (+1yr .. cough) reply. Not on here much these days. (Most chat seems to be on the Wild West Airsoft chat group on FB.)

The Cassiopeia shells are discharged by an impact at the front of the shell, not the rear. In the revolvers, this is done with a lever and a circular tube that when fired, pushes back into the front of the shell against a circular seal.

So i made my own barrel/hop assembly that the shells rest against. The falling block is skimmed to make a little thinner and is held off the rear of the shell by a spring. When fired, the hammer falls, pushes the falling block forward onto the shell which then meets the barrel and discharges the round.

This has allowed me to make the Sharps rifle and carbine, a Martini Henry rifle and I am now converting a Remington Rolling Block to do the same. 

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, Tin said:

Sorry for the very late (+1yr .. cough) reply. Not on here much these days. (Most chat seems to be on the Wild West Airsoft chat group on FB.)

The Cassiopeia shells are discharged by an impact at the front of the shell, not the rear. In the revolvers, this is done with a lever and a circular tube that when fired, pushes back into the front of the shell against a circular seal.

So i made my own barrel/hop assembly that the shells rest against. The falling block is skimmed to make a little thinner and is held off the rear of the shell by a spring. When fired, the hammer falls, pushes the falling block forward onto the shell which then meets the barrel and discharges the round.

This has allowed me to make the Sharps rifle and carbine, a Martini Henry rifle and I am now converting a Remington Rolling Block to do the same. 

Thank you very much 🙏🏽🙇🏽‍♂️🙇🏽‍♂️🙇🏽‍♂️

Now I have work to do... 😁

But if you have any photos that could help, I can't say no. 

Edited by Mr BL4CKM4N