WE New SMG ?

fnc

Yeah that's the pool of "Well I already have a pile of Glock mags" buyers wiped out, looking at the mags it has a strange feedlip stuck on top that really looks like an afterthought, maybe they could make that part available on it's own if the rest of the mag is standard. Still removes the possibility of sharing mags between a primary and secondary though which is what I would want to do.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:08 AM, Rob15 said:

Yeah that's the pool of "Well I already have a pile of Glock mags" buyers wiped out, looking at the mags it has a strange feedlip stuck on top that really looks like an afterthought, maybe they could make that part available on it's own if the rest of the mag is standard. Still removes the possibility of sharing mags between a primary and secondary though which is what I would want to do.

Which is why the King Arms SMG is out there. That one is supposedly compatible with TM Glock mags, contrary to WE one.

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2021 at 6:30 PM, Mike_West said:

Which is why the King Arms SMG is out there. That one is supposedly compatible with TM Glock mags, contrary to WE one.

The KA is considerably more expensive, though - WGC want $437 for the full-length competition-style one, plus the upgraded steel innards are a further $110. Each Marui 'stendo is $40.

A KA competition load (say the rifle, the steel and 3+2 mags) is $650; the WE would be $400. Granted the WE's not packing upgraded internals and it would probably need them, but that's still a sizeable price difference.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, CatgutViolin said:

The mag placement is noticeably off for a 633/635 but that can probably be tweaked. I am very impressed with that magazine.

My guess is they wanted to use the same hop-up unit the AR's typically have so they chose to put the magazine right up to the hop-up. My model should be showing up within the next week or two, I'll try and post a breakdown. Looks like these have a unique lower, though I'm wondering how hard it would be to print an extension for the standard lowers to move the magazine back.

• 3 weeks later...

So my friend and I both received ours about two weeks ago, managed to play a good 5~ hours with it which helped me notice any issues with it.

First thing to note is that the magazines are almost entirely similar to WE’s long glock mags, with the exception of the top. Base plates, springs, and even the general shape are all the same. Feeds/loads like one as well. It wasn’t an issue in semi, but if you’re firing in full auto and don’t have the bb’s perfectly lined up the gun can be sent forward without a bb in it. Feed lips and gas route are the exact same shape as the M4 style, though since they’re on a smaller mag they might be different.

The upper receivers and most everything single other part are cross compatible with the WE, the lowers though are unique. Trigger boxes are the same, though the standard valve knocker knocks a secondary extended valve knocker, rather than using a larger valve knocker like the Mk17. (Would end up being a crazy long valve knocker though so it makes sense.)

One issue we had that only showed up on full auto (and very very rarely racking the bolt) is that the extended bolt catch which pushes up against the standard bolt catch. The very front of the magwell has a small piece screwed in which holds this secondary bolt catch piece in place, that’s supposed to be shimmed and held in proper place by a spacer that is there, but it’s off by maybe 0.5-1.0mm which is allowing the secondary bolt catch to slip out from under the original bolt catch and prevent the carrier from traveling. I shimmed the piece and has no issues following, but honestly a better and more permanent solution would be adding some JB weld to the underside of the OG catch to add a shelf preventing the secondary catch from sliding out. Might try 3D printing a spacer the right size too, I’ll post updates on that.

Not a whole lot else to note, most of the internals are the tried and trued WE M4 and the issues are really good extremely easy to circumvent. 

On a positive note, surprisingly the gas efficiency was phenomenal. Magazines hold 50 bbs, I was usually able to get 100 with intermittent firing off, roommate using an aluminum YSC carrier could mag dump with easy and usually got 2-2.75 mags off before running out of gas. WGC shop did ship these with low power nozzles and they were firing right around 300FPS off the bat.

Also it’s been a while since I’ve used a stock WE with their new style barrel/bucking combo, was honestly pretty surprised I was getting perfect hop 70-90 feet with .25s after slight adjustment. Didn’t have any longer ranges to test, so it could potentially go father.

Overall, the PCC’s are extremely enjoyable. Both my roommate and I have been loving them, I might shoot WE a message with the issues we had but honesty the solutions to those take 5~ minutes to fix and should mostly if not completely remove them.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, typically with GBBR’s slapping the bottom of your mags is pretty pointless. On the PCC’s I’m not sure if it’s the strength of the feed springs or the mag catch spring, but if you don’t put effort into inserting them they will drop. Wasn’t really an issue for my roommate and I since we were typically loading with the bolt racked back or putting enough pressure on it, but handing it off for others to try mags would occasionally drop. Basically just make sure your mags are in, put a bit of effort until you hear the click or load them with the bolt locked back.

Archived