DMR build ( help needed)

Chospro

hello everyone i need help with my dmr build

field  requirement for DMR(we also call it in my country semi auto sniper rifle) :  2:50 joule or 500-520 fps with 0.20 only semy auto(full auto must be mechanicly disabled)

i was hoping to maker my DMR out of lct g3 but then a fellow airsofter tell me to skip g3 beacuse of v2 gearbox,so now im thinking about sr 25,which one is the best to work with and most reliable?

i would like to know which parts i need to replace so my rifle can handle it and be long range effective

thanks to everyone in advance

SR25s use either V2 or V2.5 gearboxes, so you don't gain anything by moving away from a G3-based build. It's pretty simple dropping in a replacement reinforced/high end gearbox like Krytac, Avalon, or something similar, so I wouldn't worry about the rather dated concerns about V2 gearbox integrity.

HPA is not easier to build, just different, and probably more convenient to pinpoint certain speeds.
You can build a V2 with very quick trigger response using 16:1 gears, and 22TPA motor or similar and a juicy 11.1v battery with decent discharge to move a SP130 or so spring for 500fps.

Our limit here is 450fps and I'd go with 14:1 and SP120 without a doubt.

On 8/16/2020 at 8:52 PM, Wingmann said:

HPA is not easier to build, just different, and probably more convenient to pinpoint certain speeds.
You can build a V2 with very quick trigger response using 16:1 gears, and 22TPA motor or similar and a juicy 11.1v battery with decent discharge to move a SP130 or so spring for 500fps.

Our limit here is 450fps and I'd go with 14:1 and SP120 without a doubt.

yeah but how durable rifle will be? how reliable?

I don't have a crystal ball here ;)
 It all falls down to how good you are building your gun, and the quality of the parts you use. I have AEGs that have shot thousands of shots without any trouble.
If you also add an OPTICAL electronic trigger like the Perun v2 or some Gate, you should be alright.

HPA is NOT maintenance free, if that's what bothers you.

thing that is bothering me is my skill with upgrading hahha

https://www.evike.com/products/69257/ take a look at this,they said is strange gearbox hahah,i would like a gun which i can upgrade by myself and i need someone to give me the list of parts i need to replace,like step by step guide by someone skilled

sr25 or even better fal L1A1 as DMR,or g3 as normal assult rifle

Archived