Real Steel parts (thumb safety, grip safety) fit TM 1911 ?

k.a

Title says it all, building old skool custom/ Terminator 2 style TM based 1911 and wondering RS twin thumb safetys and grip safety will fit a TM. If they don't fit is it doable with modifications ? and if so whats involved, machining etc ? Anyone with first hand experience. Much appreciated.

My understanding of the law in Japan is that no replica made there is allowed to be made to accept "real steel" metal parts. You could probably try to fit the parts to the gun but you would would be working with hardened steel parts and that can be difficult if using just hand tools.

I'll probably get a machine shop to do the fitting bud, what I don't know how way off are the thumbsafetys (both bits that go on the frame) and would they even align where they go on the frame or I end up hacking and welding bits back on to get alingment.

They are too way off. Forget about machining. There is too much out off spec to allow it with out welding on material and machining material. I've tried, but didn't feel it was worth it. I did manage to modify WA slide stops to work with Marui. The safety is just too different to ever allow a real one.

Really the only real part that can work with Marui is real sights if you machine the sight to work with the BBU.

The grip safety has the actuator (the piece that moves the sear spring when the grip safety is used) on the opposite side from the real steal. Plus it's thumb safety hole is in a different place than the real one.

Archived